Author Topic: No AI Traffic at gates when starting a flight  (Read 3989 times)

frostheese

No AI Traffic at gates when starting a flight
« on: August 06, 2017, 04:30:54 am »
Just installed KCLT for P3Dv4.  I have a good amount of aig ai plans installed, including AAL, and each time I start up at KCLT, there is zero traffic at the gates.  I do see some come in and land and park after awhile.  I have default everything, no alternate afcad.  I've tried different days and times, same issue.  Any ideas?
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No AI Traffic at gates when starting a flight
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 02:28:10 pm »
The scenery doesn't have anything to do with this, since it correctly uses proper airline codes for all the parkings. But if your AI don't have them, they will park randomly so, you might think you have "zero traffic", but they might just be in remote areas, because they are missing the airline code in their airplane.cfg files.

Zero traffic it's just not possible, unless you are using AI models originally made for FS9, which might be invisible.

frostheese

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 11:55:24 pm »
I have all fsx/p3d ai models and they are all coded properly and have plenty of traffic at the gates at all my addon airports when starting up the sim, including your other sceneries LAX v2 and LAS.  This is the only scenery with this issue.  My guess is there is a taxiway link or runway link not connected or something, just a guess as i'm not very up to speed with ADE/Afcads......
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 11:58:24 pm »
This is the only scenery with this issue.  My guess is there is a taxiway link or runway link not connected or something

The scenery works with traffic, of course. Don't you think that something so obvious would have been noticed by somebody else, if it really happened ? The screenshot on our Home Page shows KLCT with some traffic and the product page too.

This one, for example:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/images_new/kclt/sc8.jpg

It was taken with UT2

So, the scenery doesn't have any problem with traffic. Instead, your problem might also be another scenery for KCLT in conflict, maybe a duplicate AFCAD. Check with the Simple Airport Scanner utility if it finds any duplicates.