Author Topic: Majorly Messed Up (mainly caused by me)  (Read 3015 times)

Aang72

Majorly Messed Up (mainly caused by me)
« on: August 01, 2017, 10:57:58 pm »
SO a little Backstory.

This is FSX (this is Edited here)

The other day I was flying in Chicago (which I do own the FSDT version) and noticed it was a little funky.  Nothing big and nothing a reinstall wouldn't fix....

..That reinstall changed some settings, like where it was being installed to (since I redownloaded the installer).  Now, I have two Add-on managers running, even after uninstalling ALL the programs, GSX included it still has an Add-on manager running.

It is also saying i Am in Trial mode, even though I paid for everything, but I think that will be resolved shortly.

My question is whether this can be an easy fix or do I have to do some behind the scene works and deleting items from my library to make them work again?

« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 10:59:40 pm by Aang72 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Majorly Messed Up (mainly caused by me)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 02:00:24 pm »
- Uninstall everything, not manually, but using the proper uninstaller in the Windows Control Panel

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine ?"

- Download the current installers for all our FSDT and Flightbeam products, and reinstall only using the current installer. Do not use old installers.

Aang72

Re: Majorly Messed Up (mainly caused by me)
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 06:06:06 pm »
Thank you, I did that yesterday, inititially still had two add-on managers (no idea how that happened) so I unistalled everything again, restarted computer and reiinstalled and it worked.

Thank you.  I love these products and you guys Rock  ;D ;D