Author Topic: SODE Not Working  (Read 7851 times)

costamesa

SODE Not Working
« on: August 01, 2017, 07:54:30 pm »
Hello guys,

I have a problem with SODE. I am on P3Dv4 and have no idea why it doesnt work. Uninstalled and reinstalled but it didnt help. To be honest problem is not specific to Charlotte but all SODE airports. I didnt know where to post this problem and since the last product I bought was Charlotte I decided to ask here.

Any help is really appreciated.

http://i.imgur.com/3qePKIF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GOFTHdC.jpg

jabloomf1230

Re: SODE Not Working
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 10:39:56 pm »
You might be better off, since this is impacting all of your SODE airports to send a copy of your SODE.log file to the developer.  It wouldn't hurt to post a copy here also for KCLT. You can open a copy of the log file using the SODE Platform Manager, under the Tools/Show Log... menu. Don't forget to report back here if there's a solution.

costamesa

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 08:30:45 pm »
How is SODE supposed to work? When I want to operate them they dont work, but when I go through GSX it does!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 11:48:23 am »
How is SODE supposed to work? When I want to operate them they dont work, but when I go through GSX it does!

Jetways at KCLT will work only from the GSX menu. You can use the SODE menu for non-FSDT sceneries using SODE, but they will work with the GSX menu too so, if you have GSX, you can just keep using the GSX menu in any case.

costamesa

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 07:10:25 pm »
Ah ok. Thank you very much.

But if I didnt have GSX then SODE wouldnt work here?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 10:54:20 am »
But if I didnt have GSX then SODE wouldnt work here?

Yes, GSX is required for KCLT, and not just for jetways, but for the docking systems too.

This is not a problem, of course, since GSX is totally free to use at all our sceneries so, even if you don't "own" it, you should install it anyway, and even if in Trial version, it will work entirely at all FSDT airports.

A GSX purchase is required only to use it at non-FSDT airports.

costamesa

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 03:13:07 pm »
Ah ok thank you for the info! that is really nice!

Now you should start making more European airports!!! :D

paul_smith_gw

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 05:01:31 pm »
I am having the same issue in P3D V4. I am using Sode version 1.53. SODE works fine at every airport besides CLT. Even requesting the jetbridge via the GSX manager fails to work. I just get the message "Cannot Operate Jetway at this position." I've reinstalled SODE and KCLT twice with no change in result.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 08:53:16 am »
I just get the message "Cannot Operate Jetway at this position

That message indicates SODE and GSX are working correctly, and SODE is telling you it cannot solve the jetway, because the way you parked, either too close or too far away or too slanted.

With the default jetway, the jetway might have just not moved, or it would have break up in pieces. With SODE, if a jetway cannot reach the plane door, we know it in advance and you get the warning with no strange visual effects.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:26:54 pm by virtuali »

nnaunau1

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 06:25:33 pm »
That's why the jetways don't connect to my AI Traffic in FSDT sceneries?
They do in FlightBeam but not in the FSDT's ones.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 09:31:03 pm »
That's why the jetways don't connect to my AI Traffic in FSDT sceneries? They do in FlightBeam but not in the FSDT's ones.

This is intentional, for obvious performance reasons. Most of the AI traffic package have option to disable jetways for AI, and SODE has this option too, because it's extremely heavy on performances.

In our sceneries, we create static jetways at all gates, unless you activate the gate for your user airplane with GSX, and in that case the static jetway gets replaced with an animated one so, only one jetway is animated at any given time, with a big performance gain.

KampfHase

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 04:27:58 pm »
That's why the jetways don't connect to my AI Traffic in FSDT sceneries? They do in FlightBeam but not in the FSDT's ones.

This is intentional, for obvious performance reasons. Most of the AI traffic package have option to disable jetways for AI, and SODE has this option too, because it's extremely heavy on performances.

In our sceneries, we create static jetways at all gates, unless you activate the gate for your user airplane with GSX, and in that case the static jetway gets replaced with an animated one so, only one jetway is animated at any given time, with a big performance gain.

So there is no way to activate dockable jetways for AI?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 10:13:58 pm »
So there is no way to activate dockable jetways for AI?

No, there isn't. It would require a complete rewamp of how GSX works so, it's not something we are planning to do right now.