Author Topic: Want to go back to KLAS V1  (Read 3195 times)

dc10boy

Want to go back to KLAS V1
« on: July 30, 2017, 12:21:56 pm »
Hi, the installer for IAH updated my KLAS to V2. I really did not want to upgrade this, I wanted to stay away from the SODE jetbridges and I really did not want to have the new tower or Terminal 3. I liked the airport as it was. I am really not happy that this installer did this without my prior knowledge or consent.
Is there any way I can go back to what I had with V1 and just leave it there?
The truth is, I really just want to keep all my sceneries the way they are without updating anything further.I just want to enjoy what I have now and fly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Want to go back to KLAS V1
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 01:10:50 pm »
I'm sorry but, unless you have a older installer saved somehwere, there's no way to downgrade KLAS to the old version.

And, if you by chance have an older installer around and install it, no other FSDT products will ever work, unless you downgrade them all to the version which was current at that time.

dc10boy

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 03:17:53 am »
I really wish there was some way you would be able to let us, the users opt out of the update system if something is working and we just want to let it be.I used to use the init.pye you provided for IAH and was quite happy with the original jetways until an update made that obsolete and forced me to go to the SODE version. Friday morning I was testing out some sound edits for my CS727.Using GSX  I connected the jetway at C22 to my aircraft, boarded, removed the jetway and pushed back. I departed 26L climbed to 12000, turned back to IAH, and landed 26L. By the time I landed, all of my jetways were gone. This has happened more than once. I restarted Couatl, they reappeared, but would not animate saying SODE not available. This is why I wanted to stay with the old jetways and away from SODE. The old jetways ALWAYS displayed and they ALWAYS animated. later I purchased and installed the new KEWR from DRZ. design. it installed the newest version of SODE. Poof. no more working jetways at IAH. to fix this I reinstalled IAH using the newest installer. I failed to notice that this installer was different than all the others before and allowed it to install into the default location. To my dismay, it moved ALL my sceneries to the new location, and updated them. Nothing worked anymore. IMHO, this should have been an issue confined to one area, not a mass change to all my installed sceneries (FSDT and FB). I was forced to completely remove all sceneries, download new installers and undo the damage they caused. Scenery.cfg was a mess with areas removed, and numbering out of sequence. FSX.cfg was a mess with new simobjects entries for the new "default location" not removed. I eventually got everything reinstalled and working for the most part ( except DFW is again problematic for me) And I have to redo some AFCADS. This took hours that I really did not want to spend recovering from another COUATL update. Every time COUATL updates to a new version I lose something that I have to invest time to recover. This is why I just want to fly what I have, and not worry that I will again be forced into another update I didn't want. This is the only reason I have not  bought FLL, MEM and CLT. every time I install a new title, I lose something that I must  fix. You have said in several threads that you don't provide support for SODE, it is just a utility you use. the use of another 3rd party module adds another layer of complexity to the sim and is another thing to break. If SODE has issues, or as I saw another program updates it  ALL our FSDT and FB sceneries will suffer an no title now stands on it's own. I am really not looking forward to the day you update all remaining sceneries to SODE. I just don't want to have to do all this yet again. Please consider creating the required init.pye files for those of us that want to remain "As is" Please reconsider the new installers practice of updating ALL sceneries any time one is installed. No customer should be forced to update and change a product they enjoy in it's current state as newer isn't always better.
Thanks
Stan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 01:37:08 pm »
I'm sorry but, we'll surely continue to work with SODE author to be sure that jetways will work reliably, but we don't have any plans to go back to default jetways, when SODE ones are so clearly better.

Just be sure you always use the latest version of everything, and don't try to downgrade, because this is what causing issues in the first place.