Author Topic: Unticking in Scenery Library causes Addon Manager...  (Read 6849 times)

tomthepilot

Unticking in Scenery Library causes Addon Manager...
« on: August 23, 2016, 02:42:45 am »
Hiya,

I have loads of your products including Geneva and with all of them I have the problem that when I untick the scenery from my Scenery Library (P3d V3.2), the scenery shows in the Addon Manager to be 'Active but not installed in Scenery Library' after reticking and restarting the sim. I also 10000% had all antivirus switched off when installing them all as well. And no I am not deleting the scenery from my sim or the scenery library.
Thus making it impossible to use your products or Flightbeams?

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unticking in Scenery Library causes Addon Manager...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 01:42:47 pm »
The Addon Manager will correctly list the scenery as "not installed", if you untick it. But if you re-activate, exit from the sim and start it again, it will surely listed as installed.

Of course, provided P3D will shut down cleanly. If, for any reason, P3D crashed on exit, it might have not updated the scenery.cfg, so is still "unticked", which means the "Active" flag of the area in the scenery.cfg is still set to "False"

Thus making it impossible to use your products or Flightbeams?

I don't really understand the question. Surely all our products and Flightbeam's are totally usable, if you use them normally, which means you only activate them when installing, and deactivate when uninstalling.

Maybe you wanted to say they are "impossible to use", if you have the habit of CONSTANTLY ticking on/off a scenery from the Scenery Library ?

If you think you are saving memory by doing this, then this has been discussed many times on the forum, and it might apply to other sceneries, but not ours or Flightbeam's, see the explanation here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11037.msg85275.html#msg85275

So, there are no reasons why you would ever want to constantly enable/disable the scenery, surely not for saving memory.

tomthepilot

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 04:19:45 pm »
Hi again,

Apologies for being rude as I re read to myself what I said to you, sorry for that.

Okay so I have read your post and the posts linked. Just to confirm having all of my FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries always active will mean that I never get the 'Active but not installed in Scenery Library' ever again hopefully?

Thanks very much for the help,

Tom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 11:53:28 am »
Just to confirm having all of my FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries always active will mean that I never get the 'Active but not installed in Scenery Library' ever again hopefully?

As I've said:

Surely all our products and Flightbeam's are totally usable, if you use them normally, which means you only activate them when installing, and deactivate when uninstalling.

tomthepilot

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 09:23:43 am »
Hi again,

What I'm doing now is leaving them active in my scenery library however when running P3D several times and shutting down, booting up my PC. After about the third time the sceneries have just completely disappeared from my scenery library?

Thanks,

Tom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 10:52:52 am »
What I'm doing now is leaving them active in my scenery library however when running P3D several times and shutting down, booting up my PC. After about the third time the sceneries have just completely disappeared from my scenery library?

Since we never touch the scenery.cfg, except during the installation, this cannot possibly have anything to do with any of our software, but it's either some kind of problem in P3D or, if you mange the scenery.cfg with some kind of external utility, a problem with that one.

elphaso

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 03:18:11 pm »
Today, I found the addon.xml which is located at document/p3d v4/flightbeam/KSFO hd folder.

I just deleted that addon.xml file and then also modified and save scenery.cfg lines . it's also need to be deleted the lines for the scenery to be disappeared .

Finally, when P3D v4 is loading the scenery.cfg error was gone. whenever execute P3D , I got the message window as you know.. makes me crazy

1.Find the addon.xml files for a specific scenery you want to delete on the scenery library and delete

2.Delete the lines of the scenery to be deleted in scenery.cfg

3.Execute P3D...

P3D V4 is not a monster but we don't know yet..

Cheers
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 03:23:53 pm by elphaso »