Author Topic: kmem terrain levels weird  (Read 6406 times)

ssimm1958

• Billy Gibins Little Brother, LOL
kmem terrain levels weird
« on: July 27, 2017, 06:23:35 am »
installed kmem , tried, terrain levels messed up taxiway are like in a big ditch , take off as rise hear crashing sound then am on a runway again, have runways stacked on top of each other, ran vectors hoping it would correct but no joy, issue still there
If It Aint Broke, Dont Fix It

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: kmem terrain levels weird
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 11:03:22 am »
ran vectors hoping it would correct but no joy, issue still there

You don't say which sim you use but, since you said you use OrbX, if you use P3D V3 or V4, the most likely cause for this problem is their Airport Elevation Correction utility, which still doesn't support the official P3D add-on package installation method we use now, so it cannot fix the elevation errors their products cause to all 3rd party sceneries, which that utility is supposed to fix.

ssimm1958

• Billy Gibins Little Brother, LOL
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 11:09:22 pm »
am using p3dv4, so your telling me that it cant be fixed, and I basically wasted my money buying this airport?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 11:12:09 pm by ssimm1958 »
If It Aint Broke, Dont Fix It

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 01:50:55 pm »
am using p3dv4, so your telling me that it cant be fixed, and I basically wasted my money buying this airport?

That's not what I told you, of course.

If the problem is really the OrbX AEC utility that hasn't been updated to recognize sceneries installed in the proper P3D V4 way, so it could fix the elevation issue they caused to the airport, the money "wasted" is not the one spent on KMEM, but what you spent on the product that caused this.

The problem doesn't obviously happen with just the default scenery installed. But since all our sceneries are available in Trial version, you can verify how they work with your particular combination of 3rd party add-on products before purchase. That's the whole point of having a Trial to begin with.

Are you having the same problem as reported here ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13614.msg106582.html#msg106582

As you can see, it was caused by OrbX, and it was fixed entirely acting on Orbx (AEC utility). The issue is, the post is one year old and, under P3D V4, we are not sure if OrbX has fixed AEC entirely to recognize the P3D native installation method, outside the scenery.cfg.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 01:53:40 pm by virtuali »

Holy Cheese

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 09:32:45 am »
There's a very useful tip on the ORBX forums to show how you can get the Vector AEC utility to recognize sceneries installed using the .xml installation method.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/138358-how-to-make-vector-recognise-p3dv4-xml-scenery/

Hope this helps.

Jack

Flyboy777

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2022, 04:58:21 am »
I am having an issue whenever I land at KMEM, the airplane topples over.  It seems like there is a serious terrain issue.  I do not have any other scenery and I do not have ORBX that would interfere with the FSDT KMEM.  Every other airport works just fine that I own from FSDT.  Please provide any help or inside that you might have.

I run P3D v4

Jeremy Schwartz
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 09:06:24 pm by Flyboy777 »

Flyboy777

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2022, 11:33:31 pm »
--FIXED--

Terrain_base.OFF fixed the issue

Jeremy Schwartz