Author Topic: Bade FPS in the Night  (Read 7338 times)

Ursli80

Bade FPS in the Night
« on: July 26, 2017, 04:50:53 pm »
Hello FSDT team

I'm new to the P3D v4 now.

Now I noticed that I at the airports LSZH and LSGG of you a very very bad Framrate of 4.4-5.6 FPS at night.

The day are dise good with 12.5-16 FPS with my system.

What could this be?

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards

Urs

Software:
P3Dv4
Various addons like GEP3D, UT Europe V2 and Addon Airports
Prosim 737(on separate PC)
Prosim flight model 2.0
ASP4
FSUIPC5/WideFS
Warpalizer 180° Visual
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bade FPS in the Night
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 11:38:51 am »
Now I noticed that I at the airports LSZH and LSGG of you a very very bad Framrate of 4.4-5.6 FPS at night.

The day are dise good with 12.5-16 FPS with my system.

12.5-16 fps at day are VERY bad so, it seems your system is really underpowered, or your settings are too high, or a combination of both.

If your fps is so low at day, it's very likely that at night, especially if your airplane use dynamic lights (the scenery doesn't), it will go even lower.

The sceneries, of course, don't have anything to do with this. See this post of mine, testing different FSDT sceneries at night, with dynamic lights on or off:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16007.msg114745.html#msg114745

As you can see, Zurich should have a much higher fps at night, and is not even very affected by dynamic lights. This was with a default airplane, of course.

Ursli80

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 10:21:15 am »
Hello Umberto

Thank you for your reply and the link.

I am of the opinion that something must be with your sceneries.
I have in the P3D the hacken with the dynamic lights removed, the gabzen AI set to 0. And the Frams stay at under 5 at night.

At every flight the Frams will rise.

For my setup are 13 pictures very well Umberto at the airport LSZ / H with CH Pro and GEP3D etc. I have 3 beamer with each one view on a resolution of 5760x1080x32.
My graphics card needs to calculate 3 pictures!

Best regards
Urs
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 10:34:05 am »
I am of the opinion that something must be with your sceneries. I have in the P3D the hacken with the dynamic lights removed, the gabzen AI set to 0. And the Frams stay at under 5 at night.

Have you read the linked thread ? The whole point of linking it, was to show you how the sceneries should perform normally so, clearly, if I have more than 50+ fps at Zurich and you have 5, the scenery is not obviously the problem!

I have 3 beamer with each one view on a resolution of 5760x1080x32. My graphics card needs to calculate 3 pictures!

That's still too low and not normal. However, you didn't even said which graphic card you use, so it's not possible to even *begin* to understand what's the problem with your system, which surely doesn't have anything to do with the airport, as my previous post clearly proved.

Try to lower your Antialiasing settings: with a resolution so high, using Antialiasing might easily go beyond the capabilities of your card.

Ursli80

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 11:02:19 am »
Hello Umberto

Thank you again for your answer.

The problem for my system really seem to be the dynamic lights. If I disable the P3D, the FPS increase massively. But not in the FSDT Sceneryen. I have tested with all settings, regulator left, Antialaising and I only got minor FPS increase vin max. Up to 3. LM told me that the frams I get with my system and views are very noticeable.

My system consists of:
Asus Maximis Hero III, GTX 1080Ti FE, 16GB RAM 2x 256 SSD and I7 6700 4.0 GHZ. With various addons like CH Pro X, GEP3D and airports.

Best regards
Urs
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 01:16:57 pm »
+The problem for my system really seem to be the dynamic lights. If I disable the P3D, the FPS increase massively. But not in the FSDT Scenery

As I've already indicated in my linked thread, the result of our tests in 3 different sceneries, which include Zurich, clearly proves the scenery itself is not affected by dynamic lights, because the frame rate doesn't really change much, and is always WAY higher than yours.

So, it's possible the issue only happens because you are running at too high resolution, so your video card cannot keep up with it. The only thing sure, it's not the scenery.

Ursli80

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 04:47:35 pm »
Hi,

Thank you again for your response. In the P3D I use 1024x1024 since everything else actually does not really make sense and my beamer only "Full HD" are suitable. If you mention resolution, the problem could be with my 5760x1080x32 resolution?

Best regards
Urs
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 02:01:18 pm »
If you mention resolution, the problem could be with my 5760x1080x32 resolution?

Likely, since it's 3x the standard Full HD. If the fps improves if you disable Antialiasing, then you can be sure it was an issue of resolution.

Ursli80

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 05:42:05 am »
Hello Umberto,

If I reduce Antialaising, unfortunately, nothing happens with the Frams.
They do not go down, either.

I only get more frams when I reduce the views.

Beste regards
Urs
MSFS2020
Prosim737