Author Topic: KCLT_FSDT.bgl file  (Read 4011 times)

precious62b

KCLT_FSDT.bgl file
« on: July 26, 2017, 03:24:30 am »
Just curious if anybody has had any problems trying to compile the airport when editing.  I've sent the ADE log files and have emailed back and forth with ScruffyDuck and they can't seem to replicate the problem.  Any ideas over here???

To be exact, when I press the compile button it doesn't say "airport compiled" so nothing is done.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KCLT_FSDT.bgl file
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 10:37:50 am »
I've sent the ADE log files and have emailed back and forth with ScruffyDuck and they can't seem to replicate the problem.

Meaning they CAN recompile the file ?

Any ideas over here???

The scenery is a 100% standard ACAD, compiled with the official bglcomp from the SDK.

robase123

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 05:33:11 pm »
hELLO. i HAD THIS ISSUE AND SOLVED IT. All that needs to be done is check to make sure all the runways are concrete or asphalt and change if necessary. My runways were labled with numbers 128 insread of the correct texture

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 04:18:03 pm »
hELLO. i HAD THIS ISSUE AND SOLVED IT. All that needs to be done is check to make sure all the runways are concrete or asphalt and change if necessary. My runways were labled with numbers 128 insread of the correct texture

128 is correct, which indicates a transparent surface. In order to be accepted by ADE, you must probably configure it to run in P3D mode. But that would be a problem just for editing, the sim itself will accept the compiled scenery as it is, and it will have the same effect (transparent surface), which is REQUIRED, since the scenery has a full custom runway texture.

If you set it to concrete or anything else, you are both reducing performances (polygon overdraw), and risking issues like ground flickering.

precious62b

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 04:40:46 am »
When changing the runway surface is there a difference if you're running it on FSX or Prepar3d???

sticky1202

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 12:12:43 pm »
In addition to the previous question, I run both FSX (for the time being) and P3Dv4.1. When editing a FSDT AFCAD, do I compile in P3D mode or FSX mode, so the reworked AFCAD works in both sims?

Jim  ???