Author Topic: KMEM Scenery Folder Location  (Read 4403 times)

ssimm1958

• Billy Gibins Little Brother, LOL
KMEM Scenery Folder Location
« on: July 25, 2017, 09:50:04 pm »
Hi, have KMEM installed and activated, but in add on manager states that the scenery is active but not added to scenery library, have been looking for it and dont see it in p3dv4 add on folder in documents or in p3d root add on folder nor in gsx folder or any where else I have looked for it. Please would some one point me in right direction to its installed location so/as to add it to my scenery library. I hope this isn't a trade secret
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 12:51:49 am by ssimm1958 »
If It Aint Broke, Dont Fix It

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KMEM Scenery Folder Location
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 10:47:30 am »
Hi, have KMEM installed and activated, but in add on manager states that the scenery is active but not added to scenery library

This seems to indicate you haven't installed it.  Yes, it's possible to activate a scenery without having it installed.

have been looking for it and dont see it in p3dv4 add on folder in documents

This confirms you haven't installed it. You are supposed to have:

- A folder named FsDreamTeam KMEM in the  Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\ folder, which contains the add-on.xml file only

- A folder named FSdreamteam\KMEM and a folder named Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_KMEM in the folder you chose to install into, which by default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager, which contains all the scenery and objects files.

They are all created by the KMEM installer.

ssimm1958

• Billy Gibins Little Brother, LOL
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 03:56:29 pm »
wow your right Sir, checked and bought and downloaded addon manager but not the scenery, guess I was thinking I only needed the manager, thanks for ur help, Sir
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 04:16:43 pm by ssimm1958 »
If It Aint Broke, Dont Fix It

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 04:00:56 pm »
Sir, I did run the installer, maybe did not function correctly?

If the installer didn't ran correctly, it should have issued some kind of error message. Or, you simply forgot to check the Prepar3d v4 checkmark, so it ran, but didn't install there.

am I understanding you correctly, the addon manager allows you to enter a key without the airport being installed?

Of course. The installation status is entirely irrelevant to the activation status. For the obvious reason that, this way, you can uninstall/reinstall a scenery an unlimited amount of times, without having to worry about the activation.

The activation is lost and must be remade ONLY if you reinstall Windows, or you change major hardware components.