Author Topic: Strange Installation of AddonManager and JFK Scenery  (Read 2620 times)

WinstonWolf

Strange Installation of AddonManager and JFK Scenery
« on: July 24, 2017, 02:01:48 pm »
Hello ,
I have an strange Installation ( mybe two times !?! ) of KJFK under P3Dv4 .

First i install KJFK and the GSX .
When i install GSX after KJFK the the installer dont let me use the existingFSDT-ADDON-MANAGER Folder ,
he creates an new one which names FSDT-ADDONN-MANAGERAddonManager .
The Files in this Folders are the same . And now i have 2 KJFK Scenery Folders . One under FSDT-ADDON-MANAGER\Fsdreamteam\KJFK and another one under FSDT-ADDON-MANAGERAddon Manager\Fsdreamteam\KJFK.
Both Folders have the same size ?!?!
What happens there?

Thanks Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Strange Installation of AddonManager and JFK Scenery
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 03:03:16 pm »
When i install GSX after KJFK the the installer dont let me use the existingFSDT-ADDON-MANAGER Folder

If you installed GSX after JFK and both were installed using the current installer, the installer will surely use the previously selected Addon Manager folder.

he creates an new one which names FSDT-ADDONN-MANAGERAddonManager

This because you have browsed the folder manually, and selected to install INTO the previous Addon Manager folder so, it's just doing what you asked. However, if you already installed another FSDT product using the current installer, it's not even supposed to ask you, because it will  pre-select the Addon Manager folder automatically and it will NOT create a new folder inside of it.

The Files in this Folders are the same . And now i have 2 KJFK Scenery Folders . One under FSDT-ADDON-MANAGER\Fsdreamteam\KJFK and another one under FSDT-ADDON-MANAGERAddon Manager\Fsdreamteam\KJFK. Both Folders have the same size ?!?!  What happens there?

This doesn't happen and cannot happen, unless you removed files manually or changed the registry manually, which is the only possible explanation for this.

- Uninstall everything

- Download and install ONLY the CURRENT version of the installers.

- The first installation will allow you to select the folder. The 2nd one will not and will go in the one proper folder, that's how it's supposed to work.