Author Topic: After Updating KMEM and GSX some FSDreamteaairports are missing buildings  (Read 4510 times)

Bingo41

Hi,

I'm running P3D V3.

After installing the KMEM update and GSX as per thread below, if seems to have disabled Couatl at at the following airports, KDFW, KLAS, and KLAX. KDFw is worse as there are no runways:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16216.0.html

However, KMEM is working properly, as well as FlightBeam's KDEN.

Like KMEM, do I need to update all my other FSDreamteam airports by reinstalling them?

Bill Clark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
if seems to have disabled Couatl at at the following airports, KDFW, KLAS, and KLAX. KDFw is worse as there are no runways

Couatl doesn't have anything to do with this, of course. Most likely, your scenery.cfg had a problem, so it couldn't be updated properly.

However, KMEM is working properly, as well as FlightBeam's KDEN. Like KMEM, do I need to update all my other FSDreamteam airports by reinstalling them?

Reinstalling all sceneries is not required, since installing using the new installer should have updated all your other sceneries path and moved them to the new location (under the Addon Manager folder), while installing KMEM.

Sometimes, if your scenery.cfg had a problem caused by either having edited by hand or by external utilities, the migration process doesn't work, so you should do as follows:

- Uninstall all the other FSDT sceneries from the Windows Control Panel.

- Download the updated installers for all of them and reinstall only using those installers.

Bingo41

Thanks,

I uninstalled KJFK V2 first and after starting the install process, it asked me the following two questions:

1) Do you want to un-install the Addon Manager - I said no
2) Do you want to un-install Couitl - I said no.
3) I also noticed the FlightBeam airports were moved to the location of the Addon Manager located at C:\Addon Manager. I tested KDEN, and that airport works.

Keep in mind I have successfully installed KMEM which moved everything including a new location for the addon manager, which is why I am following your instructions uninstall all my FSDreamTeam airports.

So with the rest of the airports, which I will un-install after you respond, how should I respond to 1) and 2) above for the balance of FSDreamTeam airports I need to un-install and then re-install? If I uninstall 1) and 2), I'm afraid it will screw up my FlightBeam installs?

Bill Clark
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 08:08:55 pm by Bingo41 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
So with the rest of the airports, which I will un-install after you respond, how should I respond to 1) and 2) above for the balance of FSDreamTeam airports I need to un-install and then re-install? If I uninstall 1) and 2), I'm afraid it will screw up my FlightBeam installs?

It should be enough to reply YES to both the Addon Manager and Couatl questions once because, of course, if a scenery removed them, they are not there anymore so, no use keep asking to re-remove something which has been already removed.

I'll try to rewrite the instructions in a more clear way:

- Uninstall all the FSDT AND Flightbeam sceneries from the Windows Control Panel.

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?" and "Do you want to remove Couatl?" at least ONCE.

- Download the updated installers for ALL of them and reinstall ONLY using those installers.

- Never install an older installer after you installed everything with the new installers.

Bingo41

Thanks for the clarification!

Bill Clark