Author Topic: texture issues KLAX V2 P3Dv4  (Read 5291 times)

ypaul

texture issues KLAX V2 P3Dv4
« on: July 21, 2017, 03:27:26 pm »
Hi guys,

Please help :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: texture issues KLAX V2 P3Dv4
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 11:33:52 am »
What other 3rd party sceneries you have installed for that area ?

jjaffy

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 04:16:01 pm »
I am having the same issue in V4. I have ORBX VECTOR (with AEC disabled) and GLOBAL installed. I do not have SoCal.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 05:11:35 pm »
I am having the same issue in V4. I have ORBX VECTOR (with AEC disabled) and GLOBAL installed. I do not have SoCal.

I'm sorry, but I'm not very familiar with their software but, I heard several reports that, their AEC program, which is supposed to fix elevation problem caused by OrbX to other airports, didn't recognize the native P3D V4 installation method we use, so it doesn't see the scenery, so you must enabled whatever fix that AEC is supposed to provide manually.

Sorry not to be more specific, but the issue is entirely related to OrbX so, you better ask them, because I'm not even sure if they have fixed or not their AEC to work with proper P3D V4 installation (scenery not installed in the scenery.cfg), like our own.

jjaffy

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 05:23:28 pm »
Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have gone and double checked that the ORBX Vector entries are set correct. More so, I disabled all the Orbx entries from my scenery library and have the same behavior. I thought that possibly my firewall was blocking the live update program but I have confirmed that it is not being blocked. Is there a recommended Mesh or Texture resolution I can set? I also so another post in this section where you suggested to force 16X Texture Filtering at the card level - http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16253.0.html - I did that but no dice.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 05:45:39 pm »
Is there a recommended Mesh or Texture resolution I can set?

The suggested settings are 100% Complexity and 5/10 meters resolution (not more), as indicated in the KLAX manual.

If that doesn't fix it, you can be sure the problem is caused by another scenery which set a different elevation, and almost all users reported these problem to be happening in combination with something from OrbX and, under P3D V4, the inability for the AEC utility to recognize our airports, because they are installed in the "P3D way", instead of the "FSX way".