Author Topic: KLAS update AFCAD and sode jetways not working **SOLVED**  (Read 21717 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAS update AFCAD and sode jetways not working **SOLVED**
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2017, 11:22:19 am »
Not understanding why I'm not seeing the SODE menu in P3Dv3.4.  Is that worrisome ?

Yes, that seems to indicate SODE hasn't been loaded in the sim, which is why you don't have jetways working at KLAS. I don't understand how it's possible you said that SODE jetways works at KSFO HD because, if there's no SODE menu, it means SODE is not loaded, so it won't work anywhere.

ChuckOman

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2017, 03:21:54 pm »
Not understanding why I'm not seeing the SODE menu in P3Dv3.4.  Is that worrisome ?

Yes, that seems to indicate SODE hasn't been loaded in the sim, which is why you don't have jetways working at KLAS. I don't understand how it's possible you said that SODE jetways works at KSFO HD because, if there's no SODE menu, it means SODE is not loaded, so it won't work anywhere.

Umberto - Just tried uninstalling SODE from the windows control panel, then reinstalling the latest GSX (full installer) and registered SODE in FSX, P3Dv3, and P3Dv4.  To be sure I had most recent changes, then also ran LiveUpdater.  I see a SODE add-on menu item in FSX and P3Dv4, but still don't see one in P3Dv3.  (In P3Dv3, SODE gates work nonetheless at FB KSFO HD, but not at FSDT KLASv2).
So what might be preventing the SODE menu from appearing in P3Dv3 ?  I expected that the complete GSX/SODE reinstall would fixed it.
Can I verify how SODE should be getting launched in P3Dv3 ?  (My FSX SODE works, and the AppData dll.xml has lines calling SODE, as I expected.  My P3Dv4 SODE also works, but I don't see the corresponding lines in either AppData or Program Data dll.xmls, so I assume you must have GSX launch it some other way.)  Where should I be checking in P3Dv3 ?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 10:13:40 pm by ChuckOman »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2017, 10:46:54 am »
 I see a SODE add-on menu item in FSX and P3Dv4, but still don't see one in P3Dv3.  (In P3Dv3, SODE gates work nonetheless at FB KSFO HD, but not at FSDT KLASv2).

I'm sorry but, this simply CANNOT happen. If you don't have the SODE menu on the sim, it won't just work. It's not possible it would work only at some airports.

Unless, what is really happening, is the SODE menu is working at the first start, when you try it at KSFO HD. Then it crashes, so the menu disappears, you then go to KLAS, notice it doesn't work, so you believe is not working at KLAS only.

So what might be preventing the SODE menu from appearing in P3Dv3 ?  I expected that the complete GSX/SODE reinstall would fixed it.

Do you use the LATEST Hotfix in P3D V3, which is 3.4.23 ? There were some bugs in the previous 3.x versions, where addons loaded using the new add-on.xml method didn't work, but they are fixed in the latest hotfix.

ChuckOman

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2017, 02:54:59 pm »
Umberto -  Appreciate your patience and help on this !

I'm running the P3D v3.422.19868 client - which is the current version on the P3D web site and forums say includes the latest hotfix.  (I'm running v3.2 content and scenery from my original install - don't expect it makes any difference).

My P3D boots to the scenario setup manager.  My default is the stock P3D Piper cub.  Launched de-novo at N87, a stock P3D airport (outside my Orbx regions) and from the start I get a GSX menu, but not a SODE add-on menu.  Yet if I repeat the experiment in FSX or P3Dv4, the SODE menu is there.

Is SODE supposed to be launched by P3Dv3 separately, or does GSX do it ?   Would it make sense to launch SODE independently ?  For example I notice that my FSX app data dll.xml file includes the lines
 <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SODE Animation Module</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
Would this possibly work in P3D ?

Chuck

ChuckOman

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2017, 04:25:19 am »
Umberto - I compared my P3Dv4 installation where SODE menu appears and SODE works with my P3Dv3 installation where it doesn't.

- In the P3D v4 options\addons user menu, both FSDreamTeam Addon Manger and SODE appear and have check boxes.
- In my P3D v3 optons\addons menu, only FSDreamTeam Addon Manager appears and is checked. No SODE is registered as an add on apparently.

Looking at my P3Dv4 C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ add-ons.cfg , the FSDreamTeam Addon Manager is Package.0, and SODE is Package.1.
In the corresponding P3Dv3 add-ons cfg, only the Package.0 FSDreamTeam Addon Manager appears.  No Package.1 for SODE.  Is this normal ?

Does it indicate that SODE is not being properly registered in my v3 sim by the GSX installer (even though I've done the uninstall and reinstall twice ?)

Chuck

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2017, 01:01:19 pm »
Does it indicate that SODE is not being properly registered in my v3 sim by the GSX installer (even though I've done the uninstall and reinstall twice ?)

The GSX installers is not supposed to register *anything*. The GSX installer just *starts* the SODE installer but then, when the "Platform Manager" window appears, you are supposed to register all the supported sim, exactly as if you would do if you just installed SODE manually.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 01:39:15 pm by virtuali »

ChuckOman

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2017, 06:28:46 pm »
From control panel, I deleted GSX from all three of my simulators, leaving Addon Manage and Couatl.  Launched each simulator, and confirmed in addons pulldown that GSX menu was absent, but couatl and live update remained.  In FSX and P3Dv4 SODE v1.5.3 menu also appeared since they had been previously successfully registered and they tested ok.  In P3Dv3 - the problem child - SODE v1.53 menu was not present, as expected.

So then ran GSX full installer v2.0.0.2 in all three sims.  It did the basic install, the MS VC++ install, and then as you described passed control to SODE platform manager 1.5.3.  As expected the tabs showed FSX and P3Dv4 SODE already registered and active, and as I expected the v3 tab showed P3Dv3 SODE as not registered.  So I pushed the register button, and the Platform Manager reported SODE as now registered and active in P3Dv3.  So I expected it might now appear as a P3Dv3 addon.  However after finishing the GSX install, I launched P3Dv3, and discovered that SODE had not appeared in the options\addons list, and the SODE menu was still missing in the pull down addons menu, though GSX had now reappeared alongside couatl and couatl live update.  Testing FSX and P3Dv4 simulators, SODE remained in the addons menu and the GSX menus had appeared, as expected.

So it is clear that in P3Dv3, even though the SODE platform manager registers SODE and shows it as active (does it somehow test it ?) the SODE activation isn't being picked up by my P3Dv3.  I recall reading somewhere that addon package installation works differently in P3Dv3 and v4; that v4 addon packages can be "dropped in" and are recognized automatically, whereas in v3, the third party installer must have some specific code to do it.  Could this difference be somehow related to my SODE package installation problem ?

Chuck

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 06:31:08 pm by ChuckOman »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2017, 01:40:56 pm »
So it is clear that in P3Dv3, even though the SODE platform manager registers SODE and shows it as active (does it somehow test it ?) the SODE activation isn't being picked up by my P3Dv3.  

One explanation might be you have an outdated P3D V3. The add-on package method works reliably only with the latest 3.4.23 Hotfix.

ChuckOman

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2017, 11:16:07 pm »
Umberto - Rechecked the  P3D web site for hotfix updates; the last one for V3.4 - Hotfix 3-  was in February:
(see announcement http://www.prepar3d.com/2017/02/)
"The Prepar3D team is excited to announce the third Hotfix update to Prepar3 v3.4 (3.4.22.19868). It can be downloaded immediately from the Purchased Downloads section of the website....For those that are interested in updating, only the Client installer is required for Prepar3D v3.4 Hotfix 3. The Content, Scenery, and SDK installers are optional".

And v3.4.22.19868 is the latest and only version of the P3Dv3 client available in the purchased downloads section. 
I downloaded and installed it some weeks ago.  The latest Microsooft .NE Framework v4.7 is also installed.

So my GSX SODE addin install problems are happening with v3.4 Hotfix 3  (aka 3.4.22.19868).

Does GSX install the SODE addin package in V3 via the V4 drop-in method, or is there an imbedded P3D SDK command line to do it ?

Chuck

ChuckOman

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2017, 03:10:07 pm »
Noticed some other posts saying their GSX SODE works in FSX and P3Dv4, but not in v3.
My problem also.
So attaching a zip documenting my configuration (GSX 2.0.02 full install with P3Dv3.4 hotfix3)

Three .jpg screen shots showing:
- P3D addon GSX menu present, but no SODE in-game text menu.
- SODE Platform Manager tab shows SODE registered and active in P3Dv3
- P3Dv3.4 Add-ons menu shows FSDreamTeam Addon Manger and other scenery enabled, but SODE is missing.

Five SODE related addon files:
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3  add-ons.cfg, dll..xml and simobjects.cfg
C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\P3Dv3\add-on.xml
C:\Users\coman\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam Addon Manager\add-on.xml

Hoping your highly experienced eyes can find what is amiss.

Many thanks.

Chuck

portanav

• Retired (BWIA-Caribbean Airlines)
    • My Boeing B738NG Sim Build.
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2017, 10:57:30 am »
I'm also still trying to get the Jetways to work at KLAS. Works at other airports, and SODE is installed and working. SODE option is seen under Addons Menu, KMEM works perfectly.

Regards,
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 04:28:43 pm by portanav »
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

ChuckOman

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2017, 08:24:48 pm »
Thanks Portnav. Good to know.  I don't have KMEM on my system.  Only my KLAS v2 has SODE gates.

BTW are you referring to a P3Dv3 or v4 installation ?  If v3, have you also installed the latest GSX ?  If yes, was your FSDT KMEM before or after the new GSX ?

Chuck

portanav

• Retired (BWIA-Caribbean Airlines)
    • My Boeing B738NG Sim Build.
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2017, 11:07:20 pm »
Thanks Portnav. Good to know.  I don't have KMEM on my system.  Only my KLAS v2 has SODE gates.

BTW are you referring to a P3Dv3 or v4 installation ?  If v3, have you also installed the latest GSX ?  If yes, was your FSDT KMEM before or after the new GSX ?

Chuck

Sorry Chuck, I'm using FSX:SE, but only started having this problem after I upgraded with the new Addon Manager and upgraded airport scenery.

Regards,
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

ChuckOman

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2017, 02:21:59 am »
My problem with SODE main module not launching in P3D is solved.  Jeffrey Stahli - the SODE developer - discovered the problem: At some point I'd edited ProgramData add-ons.cfg and not resaved it as a UTF-8 file.

(I'd known that P3Dv3&4 .cfg and .xml files need to be UTF-8, but assumed if I opened them with Notepad they'd be saved in same format.  Not necessarily - important to do a save as and always check the file format in the Notepad pulldown.)

Opening my ProgramData add-ons.cfg and resaving it as UTF-8 fixed problem, so now SODE appears in P3Dv3 addons menu, the options\addons menu, and my SODE gates work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2017, 10:11:17 am »
My problem with SODE main module not launching in P3D is solved.  Jeffrey Stahli - the SODE developer - discovered the problem: At some point I'd edited ProgramData add-ons.cfg and not resaved it as a UTF-8 file.

That's good to know. Normally, there's no need to edit the add-on.cfg file, and a proper P3D product will not touch it but, instead, it will call Prepar3d.exe from the command line, to add/remove its own sections while installing or uninstalling.

If you look at the P3D SDK, in the "Add-on packages" documentation, it explains how to start Prepar3D.exe from the command line, and if you take time to read the documentation, you'll find it's even easier to add/remove addons this way, rather than edit the add-ons.cfg file directly, because you won't have to worry about encoding or numbering the sections in the correct order, etc.