Author Topic: LSGG Scenery Alt. Question?  (Read 5680 times)

JamesChams

LSGG Scenery Alt. Question?
« on: March 25, 2009, 03:41:02 am »
Virtuali,

Just installed LSGG... And noticed the airport is elevated off the terrain. 
FYI: I'm using FS-Pilot2008 SP1 and UTX Europe for Terrain MESH.

Is this how its suppose to be?  ???
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LSGG Scenery Alt. Question?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 04:52:42 am »
This has been already explained on the forum here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1370.msg10907;topicseen#msg10907

The airport is obviously correct, considering that FSX still can't support sloped runways, so the airport can't have any other choice than to be put ( flat ) at the published elevation.

You can see the problem, because 3rd party addons meshes hasn't been pre-processed ( like the default ones ), to blend smoothly with an airport that can't be anything else than flattened over its published elevation across the whole perimeter.

So, as you can see in that thread, an user created a flattened mesh for Swiss Pro scenery, which I guess should work with any other mesh as well because, it's the MESH that needs to be fixed.

JamesChams

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 05:01:12 am »
Virtuali,

Thank you; I didn't see that post; but, honestly, I didn't look for it because I DON'T have Swiss Pro X installed or purchased.  I'll try it anyway to see if it fixes the issue.

EDIT: the author, Andrew B., stated in his "...readme.txt" that it is NOT compatible for user without Swiss Pro X installed. 
" ***Do not use this file if you dont have Switzerlan Pro X, you wont like the results if you do.*** "

So, this won't work for me... Thanks anyway!

EDIT:
...can you also edit out my surname from your previous post I dont like my full name being used on any forum, thanks.
Done!   ;) 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 10:34:36 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Andydigital

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 11:35:37 am »
James there is nothing stopping you trying it though, just place the file in any active add-on scenery SCENERY folder and the file will do its job. If you don't like the results just remove the file again.

Thanks for the edit James.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 04:54:16 pm by Andydigital »

Cheers,
Andy.