Author Topic: two tower on Kalx using p3d v4  (Read 9549 times)

flozano

two tower on Kalx using p3d v4
« on: July 18, 2017, 02:25:31 am »
I just installed p3d v4 in addition to installing Orbx Base, NA LC and NA Region, I have 2 towers, one is the default scenario and the other is the installed scenario, thanks for your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: two tower on Kalx using p3d v4
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 03:08:35 pm »
Whenever you have double objects on an airport, the culprit is never the airport itself, but another scenery in conflict, which in this case is likely the OrbX, which comes with an AFCAD for KLAX, which must be removed if you are using an add-on for KLAX, like the FSDT KLAX.

Sometimes, such conflicts can be solved by installing the airport last, so it will stay on an higher layer on the Scenery Library but, if this doesn't fix it, you must remove the offending AFCAD manually, when the sim is not running.

flozano

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 08:50:35 pm »
Thanks for your support and help, could you tell me how I can move or identify to remove that afcad, thanks.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 05:58:58 am »
 There's already so many topics here in these forums alone on removing duplicate ade/afcads. Also check over on the ORBX forums on FTX compatibility.

marknie

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 09:05:42 am »
I have the same problem. 2 towers at KLAX in prepar3d V4.  Only orbx base installed. There is no extra KLAX AFCAD anywhere.  Virtuali is wrong this time. :-\
Capn Mark Niebauer

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 09:02:03 pm »
 What do you have in for AI Traffic? Also what actual product do you mean by ORBX base?

marknie

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 10:01:58 pm »
ORBX Global BASE and MY Traffic 6, latest build for Prepar3d V4
Capn Mark Niebauer

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 01:00:38 am »
ORBX Global BASE and MY Traffic 6, latest build for Prepar3d V4

ORBX Global BASE is just a texture replacement, it has no bearing on airport objects etc. You've obviously removed the conflicting KLAX afcad as well as any others that you have for other airports included with MyTraffic 6.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 10:24:01 am »
I have the same problem. 2 towers at KLAX in prepar3d V4.  Only orbx base installed. There is no extra KLAX AFCAD anywhere.  Virtuali is wrong this time. :-\

Sorry, but it's not the case. Double objects are ALWAYS a problem of an AFCAD, unless you were trying to say we intentionally put two control towers in the scenery.

So, I can only repeat and confirm, the double tower is caused by another conflicting AFCAD you still haven't found.

sleddriver

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 11:06:19 pm »
Not sure if you have fixed the problem yet, or not.  But, I had the same problem when I first loaded everything in to P3D V4.  This link will tell you how to get rid of the second tower:
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107942-sca-compatibility-with-fsdreamteam-klax/

kihew

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 10:43:53 am »
Thank you kindly for this link. Holger Sandmann at ORBX has even created a new file to increase compatibility with FSDT's KLAX scenery.

Not sure if you have fixed the problem yet, or not.  But, I had the same problem when I first loaded everything in to P3D V4.  This link will tell you how to get rid of the second tower:
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107942-sca-compatibility-with-fsdreamteam-klax/

ifeliciano

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 06:52:11 am »
I am facing the same issue with two main towers at LAX. Besides the default P3D  LAX, the only scenery I have added is FSDT KLAX along with MyTraffic6. Will I have to remove the KLAX bgl file from MyTraffic?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2018, 09:49:38 am »
Besides the default P3D  LAX, the only scenery I have added is FSDT KLAX along with MyTraffic6. Will I have to remove the KLAX bgl file from MyTraffic?

So so many posts about this exact issue, search!

ifeliciano

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2018, 08:35:39 pm »
I did search last night, but only two threads came up. This one and another mentioning the fire station. Today I search once more and got a few more hits. Perhaps my search terms were wrong.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2018, 10:59:17 pm »
 MyTraffic comes with it's own set of airport files for default airports. So for ANY addon airport scenery you have, you also have to remove those from MyTraffic to avoid issues.