Author Topic: GSX Bug Help no control menu.... sometimes  (Read 3782 times)

baw756

GSX Bug Help no control menu.... sometimes
« on: July 15, 2017, 06:02:22 pm »
Hi i have just installed P3dv4 and when using GSX the control menu shows only if i am not at the gate, so setting for the gate location for example works fine. however as soon as i put my aircraft at the gate i can no longer bring up the menu for push back ect. any ideas?

baw756

Re: GSX Bug Help no control menu.... sometimes
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 12:02:25 am »
Any ideas anyone?

mleuck

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 10:26:02 pm »
I have no ideas, but have the exact problem as you. I could not get the menu to open at all until I saw your post. Moved away from the gate and all was fine. Moved to the gate, no menu!

baw756

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 06:05:10 am »
I am glad I am not the only one. I was starting to think I was doing something wrong. Hopefully a developer will see this and if it's a bug update the installer. There are bound to be a few with the launch of a new sim. 😋

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 05:34:13 pm »
When you don't see the menu when you think you are parked, the most common problem is you have an AFCAD conflict, and GSX is using the conflicting one.

You can check the name of the AFCAD in use for the airport with the customize airport positions menu in GSX, and if it's not the one that comes with the addon airport, remove it, when FSX is not running.

baw756

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 03:42:18 pm »
When you don't see the menu when you think you are parked, the most common problem is you have an AFCAD conflict, and GSX is using the conflicting one.

You can check the name of the AFCAD in use for the airport with the customize airport positions menu in GSX, and if it's not the one that comes with the addon airport, remove it, when FSX is not running.

Thanks so much for the advice I will try this when I get back for hols. Where would I find this afcad folder in V4 many thanks

baw756

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 03:55:53 pm »
Hi so i have deleted the FTX Afcad and it is now using the right one Uk2000 one for egll. However it is still not working, when i am not on stand it works as soon as i am on a gate it stops loading the control menu. Has anyone got ant ideas?

baw756

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 04:16:25 pm »
ok so i have checked a few different airports. (default, FTX and payware) the control menu at the gate does not load at any of them?

baw756

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 05:08:45 pm »
Solved - along with deleting the AFCAD i also reinstalled it. now works like a dream :)

baw756

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 12:31:46 pm »
Ok so new problem. Heathrow now works fine. however with Flytampa EKCH GSX is telling me ever single gate is to small. even the heavy ones. So it keeps coming up with this message: "(GSX) The chosen position is too small for your aircraft. ground services will be unavailable there." it never used to do this with P3Dv3 any ideas how to fix it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 11:26:52 am »
Ok so new problem. Heathrow now works fine. however with Flytampa EKCH GSX is telling me ever single gate is to small. even the heavy ones. So it keeps coming up with this message: "(GSX) The chosen position is too small for your aircraft. ground services will be unavailable there." it never used to do this with P3Dv3 any ideas how to fix it?

Please don't post twice the same question, which has been replied here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16240.0.html