Author Topic: Changes at JFK Since this Release  (Read 2887 times)

kmanning

Changes at JFK Since this Release
« on: July 15, 2017, 08:40:49 am »
Hi,
I made a flight from KATL gate B18 to KJFK Terminal 2, gate C64. When I got there, I realized that at terminal 2, even in this JFK version 2, the gate numbers are wrong and does not reflect what it is today. Also, Terminal 3 is used in this version, but terminal 3 does not exist today. It has been completely demolished in 2013 and Delta flights were moved to Terminal 2, as well as sections of terminal 4. It appears that this version 2 was released between 2012 and 2013, according to satellite images. As it stands now, this version of JFK v2 is 4 years old, and there have been quite a number of changes since its release. Since FSDT has a live Update, it seems to me that the sceneries and AFCADs files would be kept up-to-date to reflect the airport as they're being modified. I thought when we purchased the version 2, it would it least reflect the airport as it was in 2016, but it reflects the airport as of 2012. The only thing I see, so far, is that Terminal 3 needs to be removed because it does not exist, and the gate numbers need to be corrected at Terminal 2. Will there be an update any time soon and when will it be released?

Ken.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 02:43:49 am by kmanning »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Changes at JFK Since this Release
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 07:09:00 pm »
Fact we have a Live Updater, only mean swe can publish bugfixes quickly, not that we always keep any airport update to reflect its real world changes, because that would require some kind of subscription service, not different than those offering updated charts.

Yes, JFK reflects the airport as it was when it was released, and it's coherent with the set of charts that are supplied with it.

We have a complete remake planned, but we still don't have a release date.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:05:40 pm by virtuali »

kmanning

Re: Changes at JFK Since this Release
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 07:45:13 am »
Thanks Virtuali for clearing that up. I look forward to the release.

Ken.