Author Topic: AI traffic do not move  (Read 7722 times)

GSalden

AI traffic do not move
« on: November 18, 2007, 12:09:02 pm »
Hi team,

Very good looking scenery !

I am using Trial mode till sofar to explore the airport.
Up to now I did not see the aircraft move.

Because there is a lot going on these days about AI traffic / nightlighting with the different FSX configs : FSX RTM , FSX SP1 , FSX SP2 DX9 , FSX SP2 DX10 , I thought I ask about it.

If I can see the aircraft move I am sure going to buy the scenery.
I am running Vista with FSx SP2 in DX9 and Dx10 mode ( never had any problems ) .

Best regards,
Gerard Salden

Btw  Any chance on a Eham FSx ......... ;)

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
Re: AI traffic do not move
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 12:21:03 pm »
No problem for standard AI traffic on Zurich, there is a issue with SP2 of FSX combined with AI traffic packet created with old SDK (FS9 or FS2002), this is a regression on back-compatibility of FSX, for this problem the unique solution is to compile the ai airplanes with FSX SDK, the issue is present an ALL add-on scenery with custom ground poly (like Heatrow from Aerosoft or Flytampa FSX scenery). AI aircraft "native" FSX have not problem.

regards.

virtualstuff

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 12:41:50 pm »
No problem for standard AI traffic on Zurich, there is a issue with SP2 of FSX combined with AI traffic packet created with old SDK (FS9 or FS2002), this is a regression on back-compatibility of FSX, for this problem the unique solution is to compile the ai airplanes with FSX SDK, the issue is present an ALL add-on scenery with custom ground poly (like Heatrow from Aerosoft or Flytampa FSX scenery). AI aircraft "native" FSX have not problem.

regards.

Ok understood you comment, but it's also due that you guys are using old code too no one excluded here  ;)
That actually conflicts with non native AI and non native FSX code ;)
Renaming the old FS9 runway light code and we have full working non native
AI...
A fix form all add-on developers should be a great gesture towards your customer and a lot easier to fix ass all the AI models ;)

Non FSX Al with default airports don't have the problem too and just working fine...
I hope soon for a true native FSX AI package and add-on software which leaves the old stuff behind ;)
The easy way is to point your finger to a non native FSX product but hence that is yours too...

GSalden

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 12:43:35 pm »
Hi Allesandro,

Removing the MTX traffic file was enough to make it work perfectly in FSX.
Already I have bought the product.  :)

Keep up the good work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 01:58:09 pm »
Renaming the old FS9 runway light code and we have full working non native AI...

Fully "working", but underperforming. FS9 runway lights in FSX do not impact fps at all (they are just a few polygons), but a lot of FS9 AI in FSX are. Note: I'm not comparing to FSX default AI, because those are not really AI, but fully modeled user airplanes used as AI, I'm comparing to what *might* perform an expecially optimized AI models set, when re-exported for FSX.

A fix form all add-on developers should be a great gesture towards your customer and a lot easier to fix as all the AI models

The problems is, at this time there's no scenery fix known. It's not enough to be "willing" to fix something. We also need to have a technical solution that works, and removing runway lights it's not one that makes sense, nor is going back to default runway textures.

AI modelers, instead, DO have a solution that works, and that would be exporting their models with FSX SDK tools. I've also heard of another solution: adding a PANEL folder to the AI models, to make them reappearing.

Non FSX Al with default airports don't have the problem too and just working fine...

We already did a scenery that doesn't have a single line on FS9 code in it, KMCO. And that was heavily criticised by users for having the ground looking too much like default. To fix Zurich, we should at least get rid of custom runway textures, and that's not something people will accept. There's no FSX-native solution to have custom runway textures without using FS9 code. If there was, we'd used that in a heartbeat.

The easy way is to point your finger to a non native FSX product but hence that is yours too...

There's a difference between the two different fixes: the "fix" for the scenery would be unacceptable for product quality, removing lights or using default textures is something that will lower the end result quality.

The fix for AI models, instead, will result in better looking and better performing AI, that's why this is the fix to pursuit.

IF this issue with all the best sceneries around can't be solved otherwise in an easy way, and will force all AI modelers to reissue their models using FSX native code (something they CAN do), it would be much better for anyone.