Author Topic: P3D v4 asks if I want to activate KCLT each time I open P3D  (Read 3227 times)

dva10082

Greetings Simmers-

Each time I open my P3D v4 and attempt to enter a flight, it asks me if I want to activate KCLT.  I click yes each time, and it says it's been activated and the RG file has been backed up and it's all good.  The problem I have is it keeps asking me each time I load up P3D v4, like it's never asked me before.  Why does it keep asking if it says it was a success the first time?  I've re installed (in the override sense) both the scenery and the add-on manager with no solution.

-Josh-

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D v4 asks if I want to activate KCLT each time I open P3D
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 07:11:55 pm »
This is not normal, and it seems to indicate the activation key cannot be written in the registry, which shouldn't happen, since the key is stored in the user registry, which you should always have full permission to write into.

Check if you are running either the sim or another addon that starts with it in "Compatibility" mode: this is wrong and it's not the default mode of installation, but it might have an effect on the activation.

danroman

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 05:40:26 am »
It's doing it to me every time in FSX.....  ever since that load of Live Update in June.....
--Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; P3D v4.2; ASP4;  REX2;  Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit); Total Physical Mem, 15.92 GB; CPU Intel Core(TM) i7-4930K @ 3.40 Ghz (clock speed 3.40 (overclocked)); NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti; Motherboard:  Alienware (Alienware Aurora R4).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 11:13:32 am »
It's doing it to me every time in FSX.....  ever since that load of Live Update in June.....

As I've said, this is not normal, cannot replicate it, and the only possible reason why it might happen, is there's something wrong in the Compatibility setting of the sim or in your user account that, for some reason, has issues with writing in the registry.

Some very aggressive and bugged antivirus *might* also be the cause of this. Maybe, they are preventing the activation keys to be written in the registry, because the defective antivirus has decided it might be dangerous.