Author Topic: FSDT requires FS 9.1 (makes FS crash)  (Read 5872 times)

carloscane

FSDT requires FS 9.1 (makes FS crash)
« on: March 23, 2009, 09:31:31 pm »
Hello everyone! Whenever I try to install JFK from FSDT, it tells me I need FS 9.1 so I download the 9.1 update and install but whenever I try to load a flight or start a flight, after about 10 seconds the screen goes black and the sim crashes. It keeps doing that until I uninstall the 9.1 patch. Do you know of a way I can fix this so I can use my scenery? :D

Thanks a lot!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT requires FS 9.1 (makes FS crash)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 10:07:28 pm »
What happens should be exactly the opposite of what you are describing because that is what will probably happen if you manage to fool the installer in some what to install without the 9.1 patch, and try to run the scenery with 9.0 instead. It will probably crash as soon as it starts. That's why the installer checks if you have the 9.1 update installed, in order to not let install something that will crash when used.

So, something must have gone wrong, or you are trying to mix-match the 9.1 with 9.0, which is also another thing that might lead to crash. For example, if you use a nocd crack with a 9.0 exe with the other files from 9.1, it will probably crash as well.

So, you need to be sure ALL your files are the 9.1 version, BOTH the DLLs in the MODULES folder AND the FS9.EXE. If something is still from 9.0, flight sim will have problems. You can check the version of the files by right clicking on each one, select "Properties" and select "Details".

carloscane

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 01:25:25 am »
Thanks a lot! FS9.exe seems to be 9.1 version and I clicked some of the DLL files and they seem to be 9.1 also, I didn't click on all of them but I'm pretty sure they are all 9.1 Is there any other thing that might be causing the problem or this is it? I don't wan't to completely reinstall everything only if its necessary, do you think that will solve it? Is there a way to install the sceneries without needing the fs9.1 update?

Thanks again!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 02:28:30 am »
The FS9.1 update is mandatory, the scenery will not work without it, that's why the installer will refuse to continue if 9.1 is not found. If there was a way to have the scenery running with 9.0 without crashing, there wouldn't be any need for the installer to check in the first place...

So, check again that ALL your DLL files ( of course, the ones coming from Microsoft, not any 3rd party module that might be there ) are from 9.1 and if some of them are not, your FS9 installation is not correct, because you have mix-matched the versions and, apart for our products not working, you'll have other stability problems too.

carloscane

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 02:33:32 am »
Thanks a lot for you help and patience. Do you happen to have a list of the DLL that come from Microsoft? So if the problem is that I mix-matched the versions, what can I do to correct it? What I did was that I just downloaded the 9.1 patch I found on a site and installed it.

Thanks a lot!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 02:39:17 am »
You can try to view the files sorted by date. The ones from Microsoft are all set on the same date.