Author Topic: JFK won't open in P3D V4 **SOLVED**  (Read 5675 times)

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
JFK won't open in P3D V4 **SOLVED**
« on: July 12, 2017, 12:53:02 am »
I decided to buy P3D today because I've been so fed up with many new problems with FSX. I removed FSX.

I installed JFK V2 and Live Update and when it is "completed loading" it then crashed. I am really puzzled to why this is happening since P3D should be a lot better than FSX.

I'm very new to P3D so bear with me.  :-\
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:53:09 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK won't open in P3D V4
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 11:34:00 am »
What crashed, exactly ? You can check your Windows Event Viewer, to see a report of the crash, which might give an idea on what the problem is.

villaloha

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 02:35:06 pm »
When it is "completed loading" it then say "(Prepar3d Not Responding)" then it disappeared back to desktop. No pop up message.

Please remember I'm not a genius with computer like you. I do my best to show you my event viewer (attached).

I even removed "exe xml" but it does not change anything.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 02:42:17 pm »
I do my best to show you my event viewer (attached).

Look in the application log, there must be a recent crash recorded about P3D.

villaloha

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 02:49:10 pm »
I clicked "Application" and "hardware" and is showing nothing. I looked for Prepar3d but nothing under all roots.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 02:51:28 pm »
It's under "Windows Logs" -> Application

villaloha

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 02:56:52 pm »
I hope this is the right one?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 02:59:14 pm »
I hope this is the right one?

If you don't have anything else in the recent crashes which seems to be related to P3D, then it seems you have a problem with your video driver, that just crashed.

Nothing to do with JFK, of course.

villaloha

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 03:07:39 pm »
Could be? This video card is brand new, GeForce GTX 1050tI 4 GB and latest version.

Is there any specific settings where I can modify my video card to make it compatible with JFK?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 03:31:32 pm »
Is there any specific settings where I can modify my video card to make it compatible with JFK?

Assuming that's the only crash report, why you think this has anything to do with JFK ? There's nothing special or that would require any special settings in JFK so, it seem your video drivers must have some kind of issue or wrong setting running P3D4 as such.

Note that, even if this happens only at JFK, that doesn't mean the scenery is the cause of it (it's not), it can be something in the surrounding area or just some kind of problem with an AI airplane, like a missing/corrupted texture for a plane that, due to its schedule, appear at that time at JFK and not elsewhere.

villaloha

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 03:39:00 pm »
Before I add Ultimate Traffic Live, it still won't work in JFK. There is NO other add-on in or around JFK. I just bought P3D yesterday. Other than JFK, all other airports including FlyTampa Toronto is working perfectly.

Please do not assume it has anything to do with add-on if the rest airports are working except JFK.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 03:54:51 pm »
Before I add Ultimate Traffic Live, it still won't work in JFK

It's very likely an AI problem.

Please do not assume it has anything to do with add-on if the rest airports are working except JFK.

Please don't assume it has anything to do with JFK, just because it only happens there. As I've said in my previous message, fact that it doesn't happen elsewhere doesn't mean the problem it's the airport, but can be anything else which is loaded when you are in the N.Y. area. Which can be anything, like AI or Landclass, everything.

villaloha

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 04:27:54 pm »
I clicked my NVIDIA control panel "Restore to default" and then keep power mode to "Maximum Performance"

MIRACLE it is working now! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Now I am going to install the rest of your *AWESOME* airports (YVR, MEM, CLT, etc! I'm friggin excited!!!!