Author Topic: TropicalSim MDPC - problem with GSX and gates  (Read 3264 times)

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
TropicalSim MDPC - problem with GSX and gates
« on: July 10, 2017, 09:29:51 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Running P3D v3.4 I bought TropicalSim Punta Cana today and I'm having problems getting gate services for Concorde. It's not a Concorde problem because other aircraft have the same problem.

The GSX menu doesn't reflect the actual gate numbers. After a lot of head scratching I've found GSX is referencing the MyTraffic BGL for this airport rather than the one supplied with the package.

There is an AFCAD for this airport and it has an entry in scenery.cfg but the MyTraffic entry is in an add-on.xml as advised by MT support. The MyTraffic entry appears to be taking priority over the 3rd party one. How can I resolve this? I have a lot of 3rd party scenery and have never come across this before.

LATER: Bit more info. I renamed the MyTraffic BGL for this airport so GSX couldn't pick it up and would use the 3rd party one. But on displaying the GSX menu it displayed a message saying the file could not be found. Could this be fixed by rebuilding the Couatl indexes?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 09:41:54 pm by Ray Proudfoot »
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
Re: TropicalSim MDPC - problem with GSX and gates
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 12:23:51 am »
Okay, problem solved. The MyTraffic BGL was taking priority over the TropicalSim one. I renamed it to bg# and recompiled the couatl indexes and that solved the problem.

I don't understand why MyTraffic took priority as it is much further down in the scenery than MDPC. Any thoughts? I load MyTraffic as an addon in add-on.xml rather than through a direct entry in scenery.cfg.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 10:16:23 am »
I don't understand why MyTraffic took priority as it is much further down in the scenery than MDPC. Any thoughts? I load MyTraffic as an addon in add-on.xml rather than through a direct entry in scenery.cfg.

That's why. The ones in the add-on.xml are always being read first by GSX.

The current version of GSX recognize areas added with the add-on.xml method, it still doesn't support Layers across the add-on.xml and the scenery.cfg as a whole, so it reads the ones in the add-on.xml first.

In any case, it's always best to delete the MyTraffic .BGL, if have an addon airport, because they used to cause problems like double entries even before the add-on.xml method existed.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 10:27:05 am »
Thanks for your reply Umberto. I'm using Simple Airport Scanner by ScruffyDuck to scan for duplicate AFCADs. To do this I use AddonOrganizer which can temporary generate a scenery.cfg combining the actual scenery.cfg plus addon entries.

It's a more complicated process but that is the only way of finding them. I rename them instead of deleting just in case I might need them again one day.
Cheers,
Ray.