Author Topic: Lighting problem in P3Dv4 at CYVR **SOLVED**  (Read 3286 times)

Rhett

Lighting problem in P3Dv4 at CYVR **SOLVED**
« on: July 10, 2017, 09:23:24 pm »
Hi there,

CYVR seems to be working very well in P3Dv4 for me - except that the ambient light at dusk disappears depending on the viewing angle / direction. The problem exists for both internal and external cameras. I have tried enabling and disabling all the various lighting options in P3Dv4 - and the problem remains.

Please see attached screenshots.

Any ideas ?

Kind regards,

Rhett
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 10:19:39 am by virtuali »

Rhett

Hi again.

Just noticed similar phenomena at an ORBX freeware airport KHQM (Bowerman). Lightning changes drastically (like an external light gets turned on and off) in the evening depending on viewing direction. Any idea what could be causing this ?  ???

Kind regards,

Rhett

Hi - me again.

I have tried playing with more lighting settings in P3Dv4 and discovered that the problem occurs when you set simobjects / buildings / vegetation / vehicle (aircraft) to "receive" shadows. Which ever object is set to receive shadows then lights up (or doesn't) depending on the viewing angle and even the zoom setting in the evening (i.e. at dusk - and perhaps dawn as well but I have not tried it at dawn yet). In other words, for some viewing angles, the objects "incorrectly" do not receive shadows and then appear to be lit up by the ambient sun light !

So - apologies for "discovering" this while at CYVR and thinking it was an airport problem.

Please kindly indicate that this issues is resolved.

Kind regards,