Author Topic: FSDT Sceneries in X-Plane 11?  (Read 16167 times)

harrylinsenmayer

Re: FSDT Sceneries in X-Plane 11?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2017, 03:46:25 am »
Are we sure ORBX started again?
I agree. I have already put forward too much money to XP11 and just can't switch to P3D4 or FSX at the moment and it'd really be awesome if FSDT made their sceneries and GSX for XP11.
Yep there hiring developers for it https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/144753-want-to-develop-for-orbx/
Awesome, now I just need to figure out how to contact the developer here at FSDT to see if we can get XP11 sceneries and FSDT.

cortez88

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 05:07:04 am »
Im also a great admirer of FSDT's work for the FSX/P3D universe! It's sad that OBRX cancelled project X

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 07:43:51 am »
Are we sure ORBX started again?
I agree. I have already put forward too much money to XP11 and just can't switch to P3D4 or FSX at the moment and it'd really be awesome if FSDT made their sceneries and GSX for XP11.
Yep there hiring developers for it https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/144753-want-to-develop-for-orbx/

This will be big
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

Dervakon

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 02:55:47 pm »
Now that we can suspect FlyTampa going with Xplane as per one pic on theirs Facebook page, ORBX is officially with X-Plane, do we have a chance to see the amazing scenery of FSDT in the world of Xplane ????

I'm ready to spend my money event if I bought all your scenery for P3D ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2018, 07:12:40 pm »
We don't have anything against X-Plane: this has been said many times. It's just we are simply too busy right now with current things, that we don't have the resources to dedicate to it.

Also, I keep looking at their SDK, and it keeps changing, sometimes daily.

For example, the whole GUI stuff is there, but still has the look of the old XP10 interface, and their documentation says this will be entirely rewritten from scratch, but the issue is, a replacement with the new style interface is not complete, meaning any plugin with an interface is not really feasible to do, right now.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2018, 06:12:27 pm »
We don't have anything against X-Plane: this has been said many times. It's just we are simply too busy right now with current things, that we don't have the resources to dedicate to it.

Also, I keep looking at their SDK, and it keeps changing, sometimes daily.

For example, the whole GUI stuff is there, but still has the look of the old XP10 interface, and their documentation says this will be entirely rewritten from scratch, but the issue is, a replacement with the new style interface is not complete, meaning any plugin with an interface is not really feasible to do, right now.

So in other words you will be one of the last to finally go over to XP 11.....while you find a....."feasible" way to interface?
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

zoran

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2018, 06:57:15 am »
ORBX just released its first xp11 scenery
Shouldnt FSDT be able to as well?

DH2061

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2018, 12:23:26 pm »
I am also sure there would be a good market for something like GSX in X-Plane. I guess we have to wait and see :D

zoran

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2018, 12:36:31 pm »
Yep GSX for sure. If FSDT joined ORBX then XP11 would be my primary sim..just have to sit and wait I guess

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2018, 05:31:08 pm »
So in other words you will be one of the last to finally go over to XP 11.....while you find a....."feasible" way to interface?

It's not really a question or a race to who's become first or last. It was right not to support X-Plane earlier, because it was really missing too many features to be considered mature.

So, at each and every release, we read again all what's required to read in the SDK, and while we see it's definitely improving, it's still missing lots of crucial features we require, especially for something like GSX, which requires some kind of UI.

And, right now, developers requiring an UI, are presented with 3 equally disappointing choices:

1) Use the existing API, which will result in the outdated and soon to be abandoned old style UI

OR

2) Create an interface from scratch, drawing gadgets like drop-down boxes, list boxes and other UI elements, directly in OpenGL, which is really not a very clever way to waste valuable development time while waiting they'll complete the new UI API

OR

3) Waiting until the new UI API will be completed, which of course is the most sensible thing to do.

In the meantime, we'll probably release some scenery in the mid-term future (sometime in 2019, I guess), which doesn't have all such requirements.

rjlfry

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2018, 11:57:10 pm »
ORBX are also into AF2 scenery not my choice of sim, or XP.

Ray Fry.

annashetty

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2018, 05:22:52 am »
I am also sure there would be a good market for something like GSX in X-Plane

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2018, 06:19:44 am »
ok.... ::)

It's not really a question or a race to who's become first or last. It was right not to support X-Plane earlier, because it was really missing too many features to be considered mature.

So, at each and every release, we read again all what's required to read in the SDK, and while we see it's definitely improving, it's still missing lots of crucial features we require, especially for something like GSX, which requires some kind of UI.

And, right now, developers requiring an UI, are presented with 3 equally disappointing choices:

1) Use the existing API, which will result in the outdated and soon to be abandoned old style UI

OR

2) Create an interface from scratch, drawing gadgets like drop-down boxes, list boxes and other UI elements, directly in OpenGL, which is really not a very clever way to waste valuable development time while waiting they'll complete the new UI API

OR

3) Waiting until the new UI API will be completed, which of course is the most sensible thing to do.

In the meantime, we'll probably release some scenery in the mid-term future (sometime in 2019, I guess), which doesn't have all such requirements.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020