Author Topic: Question For Umberto  (Read 2598 times)

DJJose

Question For Umberto
« on: August 28, 2018, 10:36:06 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Can you please look into a small issue that I have with the FSDT addon manager enabled.

I have the new version of Accu-feel for P3d v4.3 and for some reason Accu-feel will not save airplane parameters with the FSDT addon Manager enabled.

This is no big deal because I can disable it at any time, but if you can look into this, I thank you in advance.

Jose

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Question For Umberto
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 04:48:14 pm »
I have the new version of Accu-feel for P3d v4.3 and for some reason Accu-feel will not save airplane parameters with the FSDT addon Manager enabled.

With "I have the new version", do you mean the old version didn't had this problem ? 

I don't know that product: does it come with a Trial version ? And what do you mean with "will not save airplane parameters" ? What and where it's supposed to save ? Some kind of its own internal configuration file, or something in the airplane.cfg file ?

DJJose

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 12:40:38 am »
I never had this issue with FSX.

This thread should help:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=64995

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 11:53:23 am »
I read that thread, and the possible explanation made by Nick surely doesn't apply to our Addon Manager software which surely doesn't write any airplane configuration files (either add-on.xml or aircraft.cfg), and surely nothing in the Documents/A2A folder which is the one A2A seems to be unable to write to.

GSX surely *reads* the aircraft.cfg, but it never tries to write to it, which could possibly cause write permission issues like that. And, in general, neither GSX or the Addon Manager ever write to ANY files not belonging to our own folders under %APPDATA%\Virtuali or %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali

I'll try to contact A2A to see if they have any ideas about this.

DJJose

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 04:42:45 pm »
Thanks.