Author Topic: KLAS Jetways **SOLVED**  (Read 26610 times)

portanav

• Retired (BWIA-Caribbean Airlines)
    • My Boeing B738NG Sim Build.
Re:
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2017, 12:31:30 am »
Umberto, I updated with live update today and now the jetways work correctly. I updated before without success, however after reading on the forum about the efect windows defender has by blocking certain downloads I decided to disable it, and it worked. So maybe that was the problem all along. I had it working in the background.
Regards,
Michael.

Regards,
Michael.
Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

portanav

Re: KLAS Jetways **SOLVED**
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2017, 09:06:34 pm »
Umberto, I uninstalled and reinstslled GSX with the intention of trying to fix another problem with GSX http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16779.msg119349.html#msg119349, and now KLAS Jetways are not working once again.

When I selecet the SODE menu, this is what I get:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:14:11 pm by portanav »
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2017, 09:55:00 pm »

That's your problem. As discussed many times already on the forum, the SODE menu cannot be used for jetways in our sceneries. They must be called by GSX.

Which, in fact, it's the best way to call them even at other sceneries that use SODE jetways because, if you call them from GSX, they will automatically get the stand selection from GSX (without having to select it again in SODE), and the door's data from the GSX database too.

So, just always use the GSX menu to operate jetways, and they will always work.

portanav

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2017, 10:20:47 pm »

That's your problem. As discussed many times already on the forum, the SODE menu cannot be used for jetways in our sceneries. They must be called by GSX.

So, just always use the GSX menu to operate jetways, and they will always work.

Umberto I do not use the SODE to call for the Jetways, I use the GSX menu. I only brought up the SODE menu to show you what it says about the no triggerable objects, thinking it may be significant. KLAS does not work with the GSX menu. It did work for a while after I ran LIVE UPDATE with Windows Defender disabled (still disabled). However, after uninstalling GSX and reinstalling it, it has once again stopped working.

What I would like to know is if my jetways all work on all my other FSDT and Flight Beam Scenery including other 3rd Party Scenery, why is it only KLAS that is giving me this problem. What makes KLAS so special with it jetways function? To me it looks like a KLAS problem. When I bring up the GSX menu and select "Operate Jetways" I see vehicles appear on the ramp and the Ribbon Barrier at the jetway entrance move to the side, but after that there is no other menu which usually appears to select the aircraft door and then confirm. This menu did show up when I got KLAS to work as explained above, and the jetways were working. It is as though SODE is not getting involved or triggered with KLAS.

Regards,
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:59:18 pm by portanav »
regards, MICHAEL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2017, 11:09:11 pm »
Umberto I do not use the SODE to call for the Jetways, I use the GSX menu. I only brought up the SODE menu to show you what it says about the no triggerable objects, thinking it may be significant.

Ok, I thought that's what you used. In any case, then no, it's entirely irrelevant to jetways and it's not a problem. It only means there are no SODE objects (not jetways) around there, which is normal, since we don't use SODE, except for jetways.

What I would like to know is if my jetways all work on all my other FSDT and Flight Beam Scenery including other 3rd Party Scenery, why is it only KLAS that is giving me this problem. What makes KLAS so special with it jetways function?

Nothing, they are just SODE jetways, just like those on KMEM, KCLT and KSDF. Do they work ?

This menu did show up when I got KLAS to work as explained above, and the jetways were working. It is as though SODE is not getting involved or triggered with KLAS.

The menu doesn't come up, because SODE said that jetways couldn't solve with your plane/position. But, you should have see a message from GSX confirming this, it's not doing it silently.

Unless, SODE also crashed. Do you still have the SODE menu *after* you operate jetways from GSX and there's no subsequent menu ?

portanav

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2017, 08:34:01 am »
Nothing, they are just SODE jetways, just like those on KMEM, KCLT and KSDF. Do they work ?
Yes, Jetways on all of my scenery, FSDT, FlightBeam, 3rd Party work using the GSX menu, except KLAS.

Quote from: virtuali
Unless, SODE also crashed. Do you still have the SODE menu *after* you operate jetways from GSX and there's no subsequent menu ?
Yes, I still have the SODE menu after ......

I installed and tried GSX and KLAS on my FSX computer and the Jetways work correctly at KLAS. Could it be a problem only with P3Dv4?

Regards,
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:35:35 am by portanav »
regards, MICHAEL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2017, 02:55:40 pm »
I installed and tried GSX and KLAS on my FSX computer and the Jetways work correctly at KLAS. Could it be a problem only with P3Dv4?

If the airplane it's the same, and you were parked in the same position, it's not possible you would see any difference.

portanav

Re: Re: KLAS Jetways **SOLVED**
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2017, 08:35:01 am »

If the airplane it's the same, and you were parked in the same position, it's not possible you would see any difference.
The difference is on my FSX computer KLAS jetways  work, on my P3Dv4 computer KLAS jetways do not work.  That's why I asked.

Regards,

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

regards, MICHAEL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Re: KLAS Jetways **SOLVED**
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2017, 05:47:48 pm »
The difference is on my FSX computer KLAS jetways  work, on my P3Dv4 computer KLAS jetways do not work.[/quote]

Since I've said that, if the airplane it's the same, and you were parked in the same position, it's not possible you would see any difference, then the only possible explanation is that one of these WAS different.

I would like to note that, you are still the only one that has reported this problem so far.

portanav

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2017, 10:04:04 am »
Umberto, please note that I did get KLAS jetways to work recently (as mentioned earlier in this viewtopic) after I discovered I had Windows Defender active and disabled it and then ran LIVE UPDATE. However after uninstalling and reinstalling GSX to try and fix a different problem (Couatl Gate error), the KLAS jetways again no longer work.

So I am now at a loss as what next to try with this problem, and will just leave it as it is until it remedies itself one day.

Regards,
regards, MICHAEL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2017, 01:16:10 pm »
the KLAS jetways again no longer work.

You said yourself they work in FSX but not in P3D V4. Since the GSX installation is exactly the same (there's just ONE set of files: the folder is shared!), it cannot possibly anything that has anything to do with GSX, otherwise they'll either work in both sims, or they won't work in both.

Since it cannot be GSX, the only two possible options left are:

- You are not testing on the same airplane/gate/parking position in FSX and P3D4.

OR

- There's something wrong in your SODE installation in P3D only. Jetways are created static by GSX, and then are moved with SODE.

portanav

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2017, 05:46:39 pm »
the KLAS jetways again no longer work.

You said yourself they work in FSX but not in P3D V4. Since the GSX installation is exactly the same (there's just ONE set of files: the folder is shared!), it cannot possibly anything that has anything to do with GSX, otherwise they'll either work in both sims, or they won't work in both.

Since it cannot be GSX, the only two possible options left are:

- You are not testing on the same airplane/gate/parking position in FSX and P3D4.

OR

- There's something wrong in your SODE installation in P3D only. Jetways are created static by GSX, and then are moved with SODE.

Umberto, I think you are under the impression that FSX and P3Dv4 are both on the same computer. They are not; FSX and P3Dv4 are on two separate and different computers.

SODE works perfectly as I have other 3rd party scenery that use SODE and they work flawlessly, and as I stated before all my FSDT and FlightBeam scenery that use SODE work perfectly; except ......
regards, MICHAEL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2017, 09:45:03 am »
Umberto, I think you are under the impression that FSX and P3Dv4 are both on the same computer. They are not; FSX and P3Dv4 are on two separate and different computers.

It doesn't make any difference. They would still install the same set of files (except *just* bglmanx64.dll which is not used by FSX, and this has no relationship with jetways) and, nothing in the different system could cause jetways not working AT KLAS ONLY, which is what you are reporting.

Unless, of course, you haven't:

- installed the same KLAS on the two systems

- installed the same GSX on the two systems

- tested with the same airplane, in the same position, at the same gate, on the two systems.

One of these MUST be different, because it's the only possible explanation of why jetways are not working at KLAS, on one system only.

portanav

Re: KLAS Jetways
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2017, 12:21:54 pm »
Unless, of course, you haven't:
- installed the same KLAS on the two systems
I have installed the same KLAS on both systems.

- installed the same GSX on the two systems
Installed the same GSX on both systems.

- tested with the same airplane, in the same position, at the same gate, on the two systems.
I have tested with the same airplane and at the same gate, on both systems.

One of these MUST be different, because it's the only possible explanation of why jetways are not working at KLAS, on one system only.
Obviously, the question is what is different.

Regards,
regards, MICHAEL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAS Jetways
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2017, 02:23:12 pm »
Obviously, the question is what is different.

Assuming you really have installed the same version of GSX, KLAS and you are really testing the same airplane on the same gate and parked exactly in the same position, the only possible differences are either a custom airplane configuration or a scenery customization that you have done differently.

Rest everything: both the airplane config and the scenery config, so they will return to the default configuration we supply them with.