Author Topic: Addon Manager Double Entry in FSX  (Read 5457 times)

Kalorien

• It is what it is
Addon Manager Double Entry in FSX
« on: July 09, 2017, 12:00:19 pm »
Hello,
I had a major crash after updating Win7. So I had to make complete reinstall of everything. Almost finishing, I am now about  to install FSD products, causing a double entry in the FSX menubar on top Add-Ons/Addon Manager. I see them twice, one with version 3.1.0.1 and one version 4.0.0.3.

How can I solve this problem?

Another question: can I use SODE the latest version in combination with FSD products? The first installation I made was GSX (old installer) and it had some kind of problem with older versions of SODE. So I uninstalled GSX and SODE and took of both products the latest installer and everthing is fine. But now, trying to install KJFK V2 I have two Addon Manager Manager entries of Virtuali in FSX.

Thank you for help
Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager Double Entry in FSX
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 02:45:00 pm »
This simply cannot happen, because even if you installed first using an old installer and then the current installer, the new installer would have updated the Addon Manager location in the DLL.XML file, so it couldn't create a double entry.

Unless, you did the opposite, and installed the outdated version after you installed the current one, this would be the only possible case where you might see a double entry.

In this case, Uninstall everything from FSDT and every other product that might come with an outdated Addon Manager (Flightbeam, Qualitywings, etc.), then reinstall using ONLY the latest versions of everything from FSDT and Flightbeam.

If you must install the QW757, install it as the first thing you do, then all the FSDT/Flightbeam installers, using ONLY the latest installers.

maxhades

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 04:46:52 pm »
WRONG

Exactly what i am doing today! Up to date Addonmanger+fresh install of all Flightbeam and FSDT Scenerys. Have ALSO double entrys!!!

Max
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 07:14:49 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 07:16:43 pm »
Exactly what i am doing today! Up to date Addonmanger+fresh install of all Flightbeam and FSDT Scenerys. Have ALSO double entrys!!!

I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm this cannot happen, unless you installed one of the old installers too, which can be either an old installer from FSDT, and old installer from Flightbeam, or the current installer from Qualitywings installed *after* one of the new installers.

- Uninstall everything from FSDT, Flightbeam and Qualitywings (assuming installed the QW757)

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?"

- Reinstall everything and use ONLY the latest installers. If you must install the QW757, install it before the others.

Corey7659

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 12:18:53 am »
I hate to break it but it is indeed possible to have a double entry of the Addon Manager, I now have this problem... quite ridiculous that a staff member for FSDT is doubting their customers...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 10:40:20 am »
I hate to break it but it is indeed possible to have a double entry of the Addon Manager, I now have this problem... quite ridiculous that a staff member for FSDT is doubting their customers

"Doubting" ? Nobody is doubting anyone. It IS possible to have double Addon Manager entries, and that's precisely what I've said:

I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm this cannot happen, unless you installed one of the old installers too, which can be either an old installer from FSDT, and old installer from Flightbeam, or the current installer from Qualitywings installed *after* one of the new installers.

Keyword is "unless". So, I haven't said it's flat out not possible, because it surely is, if you did one of the things I listed after the "unless" word.

So, I'll say it again, in case it's not clear enough:

Each time you install ANY installer that use the Addon Manager, either from FSDT, Flightbeam or Qualitywings, which was made before June 2016 AFTER having installed anything using a newer installer, this will create a double Addon Manager entry, because the old installer cannot obviously know that we would have changed the installation structure later on, so it will install a new copy of the software inside the root of the sim (as we used to), which will be added to the one in the Addon Manager folder which is installed by the new installers.

Running a newer installer after this, will of course clear up the double copy, since one of the thing the new installer does, is to remove any Addon Manager copy installed in the old way.

Flyboy777

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 10:48:46 pm »
I am showing 2 addon managers in the FSX menu.  One day it was showing only one and the next day there were 2 which are causing problems.  I did NOTHING (I did NOT add or remove or change anything with the computer or FSX).  Please help.

Jeremy
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:53:11 pm by Flyboy777 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 10:27:15 am »

- Uninstall everything from FSDT, Flightbeam and Qualitywings (assuming installed the QW757)

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?"

- Reinstall everything and use ONLY the latest installers. If you must install the QW757, install it before the others.

Even if you haven't installed the QW airplane, this could happen if you installed an older FSDT installer after installing any of the newest ones. With "newest ones", I mean those that allows you to install outside the FSX folder.

jukkatee

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 04:33:09 pm »
Simple solution. No need to uninstall all from FSDT. I only installed a new FSDT scenery, Charlotte, KCLT (demo version). After that there is a new version of Addon Manager and no duplicate anymore. Everything works fine. (FSX, Win7).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 04:43:05 pm »
Simple solution. No need to uninstall all from FSDT. I only installed a new FSDT scenery, Charlotte, KCLT (demo version). After that there is a new version of Addon Manager and no duplicate anymore. Everything works fine. (FSX, Win7).

Yes, of course any newer installer will result in no double copies of the Addon Manager, since every recent FSDT installer will prevent that. That's why I said "If you must install the QW757, install it before the others".

The suggestion to uninstall everything was just an additional precaution, but it's not usually required. The only thing that matters is, NEVER install an OLD installer (one that used to install "into" the sim, which includes the QW757 installer, that has no "new" version to download) AFTER having installed a newer one. That will create two Addon Manager and result in non-working products.