Author Topic: Very bad performance/lot of tweak and buffer  (Read 2873 times)

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
Very bad performance/lot of tweak and buffer
« on: July 09, 2017, 02:56:00 am »
Before I switched from Wins 7 to Wins 10 because Wins 7 does not work with 5 TB hard drive.

With Wins 7, I had MegaScenery Earth New York and FSDT JFK and it ran perfectly smooth. I wrote down the settings before I put new Wins 10 and new massive hard drive.

What surprise me is, even with the exact same settings with MegaScenery Earth and FSDT JFK, it kept going OOM! It also go really bad tweak/buffer.

Have anyone of you are experiencing the same problems?

What I can't understand is why Wins 7 works fine but not Wins 10!? I could not figure why!?

Thus forced me to disable MegaScenery Earth, no more OOM but still tweak/buffer. I even emailed directly to FSDT support but they have not responded.

Last question, should I buy Prepared P3D V4? Is it better? Can I use my FSX aircraft into P3D? Because most developers including FSDT will no longer product for FSX after SDF.  :-[

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Very bad performance/lot of tweak and buffer
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 04:05:26 pm »
Thus forced me to disable MegaScenery Earth, no more OOM but still tweak/buffer. I even emailed directly to FSDT support but they have not responded.

Since the OOM problem was obviously caused by having installed too many sceneries together AND using a memory-hungry airplane together with it, clearly proven by the fact OOMs disappeared when you removed a scenery, I fail to see how JFK has anything to do with this, especially since you said yourself JFK used to work well before, and the scenery hasn't been updated in a while.

And, I don't understand what do you mean with "It also go really bad tweak/buffer." ? The best tweak is usually no tweak at all. Miracle tweaks you might have heard, don't work the same for each system, and they usually make things worse.

So, just try by removing ALL tweaks, and only set the HIGHMEMFIX = 1, and nothing else.

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
Re: Very bad performance/lot of tweak and buffer
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 04:15:54 pm »
I checked my HIGHMEMFIX  and is already =1

You know what, sir? I definitely will buy Prepar3d as soon as your next product that only compatible with P3D. FSX is too much headache for me. Always have problems one after another.

I read many forums about P3D and see so many positive and better quality especially bigger memory than what FSX have now.

Adois FSX and hola P3D!