Author Topic: Love O'Hare, but want to also visit the other addons I purchased...  (Read 4671 times)

clintonjohnson9606

Greetings Master Developers:

Yesterday, I downloaded, installed, purchased, activated, departed from, and returned to your Chicago O'Hare. It installed and activated in only a very few seconds, and is so accurate, I am experiencing flashbacks to my two or three trips through O'Hare. Even the cement and asphalt look fabulous!

Then, I noticed a litttle problem...

When I took a side trip to DFW (Just Flight's World of Airports II), I noticed the whole airport, except the very invisible AFCAD has simply dissapeared. I visited several of the other WOAII airports and noticed the same thing. I even used the repair feature on the CD to no avail. Before I installed KORD, I also installed Blueprint Simulation's KIA with absolutely no problems.

What do you recommend?

Thanks for the help!

Clinton A. Johnson
Nashville, Tennessee
United States of America

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Love O'Hare, but want to also visit the other addons I purchased...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 12:06:17 pm »
This is strange: does it happen only with those airports ? I surely have other addons apart for the World of Airports, have they disappeared as well ?

It's difficult to say what happens, it simply shouldn't happen, because there's no way the presence or KORD should distrupt other distant airports.

You should check the Scenery Library, are the airports still there ?

clintonjohnson9606

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 06:27:01 am »
Merciful Developer:

Considering the difference in time zones, thank you for responding so quickly. As it turns out, great minds do think alike. Inspecting the scenery library is the very thing I thought to do today at almost the very moment you wrote it. Most uncanny!

I noticed the Flight Simulator had the airports I wanted in FS2004 (Houston Intercontinental, Leonardo da Vinci, Manchester (UK), Luton, and Las Vegas McCarran) listed not once--not twice--but three times. I deleted the first two entries. Apparently, when I uninstalled the inaccurate O'Hare and incomplete Washington Dulles (KIAD (the erroneous KIA from my first post)), FS duplicated the entries twice. I also went to Peter Dowson's website and updated the FSUIPC and WIDEFS modules to the most recent version (3.91). I also visited FS Developers' website and replaced the Actigate with one from its creator (in his SDK). I think all this helped.

I just paid myself a vistit to Las Vegas and all is right in the World of Airports again. Thank you for your help in any case.

Cheers,

Clinton A. Johnson
Nashville, Tennessee
United States of America

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 01:01:46 pm »
Yes, if you have a duplicate entry in the Scenery Library pointing to the same path, that scenery will just disappear. So, it might be that the World Airports uninstaller gets confused about which O'Hare to delete, so it leaves a double entry ?