Author Topic: QW757 Door Configuration using Jetway at KLAX  (Read 6411 times)

FLYFROMUTAH

QW757 Door Configuration using Jetway at KLAX
« on: July 04, 2017, 04:47:18 pm »
I have searched the forum for this subject.  The jetway is going to L2 Main Door every time even with no door at this position.  GSX is asking for L1 Main door when deboarding/boarding.  Any suggestions why?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: QW757 Door Configuration using Jetway at KLAX
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 06:38:20 pm »
Have a look at the GSX manual, the explanation of the preferred jetway option in the aircraft configuration editor.

FLYFROMUTAH

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 12:32:02 am »
I am using FSDT KLAX, today at gate 24. Still going to L2 Main Door for reason unknown to me. Copy my config is here. Only question I have is the line "preferredexit =  0", does it have anything to do with my issue. Read the manual, stating if their is no door at this position GSX should not be using it with your animated jetway. Am I correct on this?

[aircraft]
nosegear = 17.58
refueling = 1
iscargo = 0
trafficcones = 1
preferredexit =  0
wingrootpos = 3.89 2.02 1.10
wingtippos = 17.15 -3.62 1.88
fuelpos = -13.50 -2.25 0.52
waterpos = 0.00 0.00 0.00
lavatorypos = 0.00 0.00 0.00
engine1pos = -6.40 3.20 -1.40
engine2pos = 6.40 3.20 -1.40
engine3pos = 0.00 0.00 0.00
engine4pos = 0.00 0.00 0.00

[exit1]
pos = -1.55 18.48 1.41 5.00
code = 1
name = L1 Main Entry

[exit2]
remove = 1

[exit3]
remove = 1

[exit4]
pos = -1.75 -14.69 1.23 -5.00
code = 4
name = L4 Entry Door

[service1]
pos = 1.76 18.76 1.22 -2.00
code = (L:ServiceDoorR1, bool)
name = R1 Service Door

[service2]
pos = 1.75 -14.65 1.20 5.00
code = (L:ServiceDoorR4, bool)
name = R4 Service Door

[cargo1]
pos = 0.79 12.65 -0.16 0.00
code = 3
name = Cargo Doors
uldcode = BELT

[cargo2]
pos = 0.75 -8.30 -0.34 0.00
code = 3
name = Cargo Doors
uldcode = BELT

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 11:51:30 am »
I am using FSDT KLAX, today at gate 24. Still going to L2 Main Door for reason unknown to me.

I see you have a big confusion about how doors work...

First, the default configuration that comes with GSX doesn't have the L2 door disabled, except for the freighter versions so, unless you used a freighter version, it seems you edit the GSX configuration to remove the door, which is wrong.

If a scenery uses a standard jetway (not SODE), the door used by the jetway doesn't have anything to do with GSX. It's controlled by the coordinates set in the airplane.cfg so, unless you change *that*, the jetway will always go there, and there's nothing you can do in GSX to change this.

What you can do with GSX now, is to TELL GSX which is the "main" passenger door (previous versions always assumed it was the first one), by setting the preferred door in the editor, which MUST match the one in the aircraft.cfg so, if you set the L2 to be the preferred door in the editor, the jetway will to to L2 and GSX will ask to open L2.

If you don't want L2 to be the main door, and you want the jetway to go to L1 and GSX asking for L1 to be open in order to start boarding, you MUST change BOTH the aircraft.cfg file, and set the coordinates for door L1 in the [Exits] section AND tell GSX the preferred exit is now L1.

FLYFROMUTAH

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 06:54:14 am »
I have done the steps you have instructed, made L1 the preferred door in the editor. The coordinates are the same as the in the 3D editor, the preferred exit is door 1 and guess what it still goes to door 2.
This has got to be the most clunky way of making the default door, door L1. Two steps to do one operation. Clunky Software, keep it simple you which have not done here. I was in the computer business for twenty years as computer operation manager, go between end users and the software people. This what I had to correct all the time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 10:51:04 am »
I have done the steps you have instructed, made L1 the preferred door in the editor. The coordinates are the same as the in the 3D editor, the preferred exit is door 1 and guess what it still goes to door 2.

If you are done only what you are saying here, then you still don't understand: the jetway will ALWAYS go to the door specified in the aircraft.cfg file ! NOTHING you do in GSX will ever change this.

As I've said, you can only TELL GSX which is the main exit, so it will tell to open *that* one, but that's about it. Nothing in GSX will ever change what the aircraft.cfg is controlling.

This has got to be the most clunky way of making the default door, door L1. Two steps to do one operation. Clunky Software

Your mistake is to assume that this has anything to do with GSX. Again, the jetways is NOT controlled by GSX but, instead, the aircraft.cfg file, and it would be *very* wrong if GSX started to modify aircraft.cfg of other developers, just to "save you one step"

FLYFROMUTAH

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 04:31:18 pm »
Ok, show me your correct aircraft.cfg file and I will compare it to mine. GSX is asking for door L1 to be opened, the L1 is the door in the editor as the preferred exit, using the clickable spot to change it with a *star to indicate it. Show me in the where in the aircraft.cfg that it goes to L2 instead of L1, I don't see it. I have preferredexit  set to code 1, code 2 is exit 2 and referred to as L2.  I am not confused that an exit number is the same as the door number, since I wrote the aircraft config for the CS777 for everybody to use.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 07:15:15 pm »
Ok, show me your correct aircraft.cfg file and I will compare it to mine

What do you mean with "correct" ? That's not a question of right or wrong. QW simply decided to have the jetway docked to the L2 exit. If you want to MATCH GSX with what QW has set for their airplane, you should set the preferred exit in GSX to L2.

If, instead, you don't like the choice QW made of having the jetway dock to L2, and would rather prefer L1, NOTHING you do in GSX can change this, and you must edit the aircraft.cfg and, of course, GSX should also match the situation.

GSX is asking for door L1 to be opened, the L1 is the door in the editor as the preferred exit, using the clickable spot to change it with a *star to indicate it.

Which indicates GSX is working as expected: you said the main exit is L1, and is asking to open L1. And as I've said, the door the jetway docks to, is totally unrelated to GSX. Of course, this is valid for a scenery that uses the default FSX jetways.

If the scenery uses SODE, this is completely different, and the location the jetway docks to IS controlled by GSX, instead.

Show me in the where in the aircraft.cfg that it goes to L2 instead of L1, I don't see it.

In the [Exits] section, as I've said:

exit.0 = 0.2, 30.50, -4.0, 12,0

These indicates the position of the main exit and, since they are feet, 30.50 ahead of the center in the longitudinal axis is clearly L2, L1 would probably be something like 60 ft. This is for the 757-200 version.

I have preferredexit  set to code 1, code 2 is exit 2 and referred to as L2.

Why you still don't want to understand that NOTHING in GSX will control the location the jetways docks to ? It's ONLY controlled by the aircraft.cfg!!!!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 07:16:56 pm by virtuali »

FLYFROMUTAH

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 06:22:37 am »
Lets clear up some of the confusion, the aircraft.cfg file I'm referring to is in the Virtuali folder, under airplanes then gsx, is this the same one you are referring to?  And if so I need to add an exit.0 line to it because there is none right now with the parameters except for the distance must be longer for it to be L1. If that is the case, then lets close this out, no further discussion required.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 04:19:05 pm »
Lets clear up some of the confusion, the aircraft.cfg file I'm referring to is in the Virtuali folder, under airplanes then gsx, is this the same one you are referring to?

I can see why you are confused: there's NO Aircraft.cfg in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and you are not supposed to have any Aircraft.cfg there!

In that folder, you will ONLY find a GSX.CFG file, which is (as the name says) the GSX configuration file because, as I've said so many times already, nothing in GSX controls where a default jetway docks to. So, unless you copied it manually by mistake, from the airplane folder, you won't find ANY Aircraft.cfg file in GSX preference folders.

The only correct location for an Aircraft.cfg file, is in the Simobjects\Airplanes\AIRPLANE_NAME, and that file doesn't have ANYTHING to do with GSX, and it's supplied by the airplane developer.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:24:30 am by virtuali »

FLYFROMUTAH

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 02:18:20 am »
Sorry, I was referring to the folder and not the file, it is the GSX.cfg. I do see what you are referring to in the aircraft.cfg in the [exits] section and that is where I will modify it to use L1. In this case the correlation between this file and the gsx.cfg and this specific type of jetway is where my confusion lyed.