Author Topic: *** KCLT poor FPS at very low altitude and surface **SOLVED**  (Read 3308 times)

Wardd

Hi,

First of all I think the scenery is amazing but I am having one weird issue.

I bought the scenery for FSX Acc and P3D V4, I am slowly switching platforms. The problem I have is in FSX. When on the runway and certain positions on the apron my FPS is getting hammered at times. As soon as I rotate and climb above say even just 50 feet the issue goes away. The gain is from say 15 fps to 30 fps. High 20's to 30 is what I'd normally get.

Things I have tried are the options in the ctrl + F12 menu, none have made a difference. I changed the pop value, I get stutters at the default value but also the weird fps issue at all ranges. I also tried the scenery with AA transparency off but it had no real impact.

I have yet to test it in P3D V4. Currently running FSX Acc with Steve's DX10 fixer, windows 7 64 bit. GPU drivers all up to date.

Hopefully it's something simple or me missing something silly. I ran a search here on the forum and saw no similar reports so decided to start a new topic. Apologies if I missed the answer elsewhere.

Thanks,

Dean.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 07:24:51 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KCLT poor FPS at very low altitude and surface
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 07:01:46 pm »
As soon as I rotate and climb above say even just 50 feet the issue goes away. The gain is from say 15 fps to 30 fps. High 20's to 30 is what I'd normally get.

Some objects are being culled by altitude so yes, it's normal you should have better fps when climbing.

However, no objects has an altitude cutoff value so low, they are usually in the range of 800-1000 ft so, it's not normal and nobody ever reported that the fps increase would happen at 50 ft.

Wardd

Re: KCLT poor FPS at very low altitude and surface
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 07:20:29 pm »
OK it was a silly thing on my end (something I normally check as standard trouble shooting), it was a conflicting Afcad file from a traffic program, changed it to .off and the issue is gone.

Also a medium pop value was also better fps and still no stutters.

Case solved for me.

Thanks.