Author Topic: GSX and FlightBeam KMSP  (Read 4509 times)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
GSX and FlightBeam KMSP
« on: June 18, 2017, 02:50:26 am »
Is anybody having issues with getting GSX to operate the jetways at FlightBeam's KMSP, or is it just me. It seems like every time I try to use GSX to operate the jetways, SODE always crashes. The only way I can get the jetways to work at this airport is via the SODE menu. I'm running SODE 1.5.2. I tested this at FSDreamteam's KLAS, and of course, it worked fine.
Captain Kevin

scotth6

Re: GSX and FlightBeam KMSP
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 09:21:39 am »
I just had my first flight in to KMSP (from KMEM) and I also had GSX issues.  I loaded at KMEM with no problems, but when I requested a follow me vehicle after landing at KMSP GSX seemed to silently crash.  I got no vehicle and I could also no longer open the GSX menu.  No matter what I tried I could not access GSX again.  There seemed to be GSX vehicles at my selected parking position, so it half worked, but I had to use the SODE menu to connect the jetway, and I still couldn't get a reaction from GSX after parking.  

Also, while parking, the marshall with the wands was waving his arms, but very, very slowly.  My FPS were fine, but he seemed to be operating at 0.5 FPS, and he was signalling incorrectly, ie he didn't even tell me to stop when I should have.

I am new to GSX, but another strange thing I noticed was a floating set of digits between me and the marshaller when I was parking.  Are these digits normal for GSX?

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/07/02/2017-7-2_17-1-45-683.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/07/02/2017-7-2_17-5-13-401.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/07/02/2017-7-2_17-5-16-658.jpg

Cheers,

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 06:08:32 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 06:12:43 pm »
I loaded at KMEM with no problems, but when I requested a follow me vehicle after landing at KMSP GSX seemed to silently crash.

Please indicate all the following:

- Your location when you requested the Follow Me car.

- Which parking you selected.

Also, while parking, the marshall with the wands was waving his arms, but very, very slowly.  My FPS were fine, but he seemed to be operating at 0.5 FPS

The slow speed can only be caused by you having set the Time acceleration in the sim to 1/2 without realizing it.

and he was signalling incorrectly, ie he didn't even tell me to stop when I should have.

This might be caused by the fact that, since the scenery doesn't use our Addon Manager anymore, it doesn't come with a specific GSX customization file, which we used to provide to Flightbeam. Now, I guess Flightbeam should probably create a GSX customization file that will surely improve all parking positions.

I am new to GSX, but another strange thing I noticed was a floating set of digits between me and the marshaller when I was parking.  Are these digits normal for GSX?

Yes, of course, the tell you the stopping distance, and there's an option in the settings to enable/disable them.

scotth6

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 11:01:15 am »

Please indicate all the following:

- Your location when you requested the Follow Me car.

- Which parking you selected.

Hi Umberto,

Thanks for the reply.  Here are the answers to your questions above.

- I landed on runway 30L at KMSP and then exited at runway exit A7.  I then stopped and asked ATC for a parking position, and they directed me to Gate F14.  While still stationary I pulled up the GSX menu and indicated the parking position F14 and requested a follow me car.  I then waited for a few minutes but no car arrived and I received no confirmation it was on it's way.  I could not access the GSX menu again.  I then made my own way to Gate F14.  There was ground equipment and a marshal.  I still could not access the GSX menu.

I will try the same flight again soon and see if it's a one off bug.  I also had a problem with the Airbus I was flying as there was an error in my flight plan, so the auto checklist wasn't working.  I doubt that had an impact on the GSX function, but I will keep testing.

I am loving GSX anyway!

I never thought I wanted a simulation of ground equipment, but I really like the automatic nature of GSX, and it adds something more to my tubeliner flights.

Cheers,

CaptKornDog

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 12:06:15 am »
Is anybody having issues with getting GSX to operate the jetways at FlightBeam's KMSP, or is it just me. It seems like every time I try to use GSX to operate the jetways, SODE always crashes. The only way I can get the jetways to work at this airport is via the SODE menu. I'm running SODE 1.5.2. I tested this at FSDreamteam's KLAS, and of course, it worked fine.

Same here with 1.5.3.  For me, it's literally all of my aircraft (TFDi, PMDG, etc.)  Other FSDT and FlightBeam airports work just fine, and SODE jetways are enabled in the FlightBeam manager.