Author Topic: GSX P3D v4 - Not in Addon Menu  (Read 2917 times)

Hanse

• Beta tester
GSX P3D v4 - Not in Addon Menu
« on: June 29, 2017, 11:45:44 pm »
I just newly installed GSX 2.0 into the folder E:\Program Files\Addon Manager whereas P3D v4 is installed in E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4. But when starting the sim I do not find any entry in the Addon section of the menu but just FSUIPC and Sode 1.5.1  - also trying to open GSX with CRTL+F12 does not work. What can I do /check so that GSX starts properly and can be used?

Regards,
Hanse

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX P3D v4 - Not in Addon Menu
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 11:54:17 pm »
First, it seems you are using an outdated version of the GSX installer, since the current version comes with the current version of SODE, which is 1.5.3.

Also, be sure you install the P3D V4 Hotfix 1, because it has fix a bug that resulted in no executables being loaded if your DLL.XML or EXE.XML (which we do not use anymore), was corrupted for any reason.

And of course, the usual suggestions of being sure you download and install with the antivirus disabled, and to configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning before starting the sim.

Hanse

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 11:59:40 pm »
Thanks for the quick answer but I just found the reason myself. The Addon Manager has to enabled in P3D v4 in the MENU under OPTIONS and ADDONS...... After doing this and restarting the sim GSX appears now in the ADDON menu.....

Regards,
Hanse

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 12:32:06 am »
The Addon Manager has to enabled in P3D v4 in the MENU under OPTIONS and ADDONS...

Well...no. By default, the addon installs as enabled it but, if you accidentally disabled it, it will stay disabled, until you re-enable it again.

Hanse

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 10:21:40 am »
Because I had problems selecting the right installation folder I had to delete a previous installation - using Windows 10 functionality-. Maybe this is the reason why GSX was disabled and was not enabled again during a new installation.

Regards,
Hanse

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 07:04:55 pm »
Because I had problems selecting the right installation folder I had to delete a previous installation

There weren't any problems selecting the right installation folder. It's just that, after you install the first FSDT product, it won't ask your for a destination folder anymore, because even if you are now free to select the installation folder, all our sceneries must still stay together so, the installation folder will be asked only the first time, but then the preference will be saved, and you won't be asked again, unless you uninstall ALL the FSDT products, so you'll be asked again, on the next install.