Author Topic: FSDT and Cloud 9  (Read 6011 times)

kmanning

FSDT and Cloud 9
« on: June 27, 2017, 12:44:04 am »
Hi virtuali,
I have 3 questions:

1. We've purchased the new JFK version 2 but I have a question about the Cloud 9 product. The one I'm interested in is the Orlando International, or KMCO. Will this product be up-to-date or reflect the latest airport scenery, like the new Charlotte or Memphis? If it's several years old, like the old JFK version 1, will you be coming out with a new KMCO?

2. During the install of some of the FSDT products, it asks if I want to install the latest version of the AFCAD. Should I select "YES" or "NO?" The reason I asked is because I wasn't for sure if these AFCADs come from sites like AVSIM or FlightSim, and many of these are outdated or they may not reflect the scenery in the FSDT products correctly.

3. Also, we've noticed that you're running a 15% off special on these products, and I was wondering that if we decided to purchase the new Memphis that was released, can we still get it at 15% off, although we already purchased the JFK just a few hours ago?

Ken.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:19:00 am by kmanning »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT and Cloud 9
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 01:52:43 pm »
The one I'm interested in is the Orlando International, or KMCO. Will this product be up-to-date or reflect the latest airport scenery, like the new Charlotte or Memphis? If it's several years old, like the old JFK version 1, will you be coming out with a new KMCO?

The scenery reflects the airport as it was in 2006, when the scenery was released, and we don't have any plans to update Cloud9 products. Of course, we might decide to REMAKE any of them as FSDT products at any time but, just like our KLAX, which was a complete remake of the Cloud9 version, having purchased the Cloud9 version won't allow any upgrade/discount towards a possible FSDT version we might do in the future.

2. During the install of some of the FSDT products, it asks if I want to install the latest version of the AFCAD. Should I select "YES" or "NO?"

That's because you are using an old version of the installers: the current ones don't ask that question anymore, but use a Live Updater you can launch from the Desktop.

The reason I asked is because I wasn't for sure if these AFCADs come from sites like AVSIM or FlightSim, and many of these are outdated or they may not reflect the scenery in the FSDT products correctly.

It's always best you use the latest AFCAD we supply with the scenery, because we sometimes update them, and you cannot be sure from which version the ones you downloaded elsewhere were based one.

3. Also, we've noticed that you're running a 15% off special on these products, and I was wondering that if we decided to purchase the new Memphis that was released, can we still get it at 15% off, although we already purchased the JFK just a few hours ago?

the 15% discount works only if 2 or more products are purchased together, in the same order. Two separate orders, even 1 minute after each other, won't qualify.

kmanning

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 07:39:20 pm »
Hi virtuali

Thanks for all the help. That Orlando airport scenery is very old and I guess it won't reflect the airport as it is today. I've never tried the Taxi2Gate airport sceneries but they released their Orlando in 2015, I think it was. But the problem with many of those high quality scenery airport products is that they have a bad habit of bogging down the frame rate to the order of 5 or 10 fps and everything is very jerky, and that irritates me. I've haven't had any issues with frame rates with the FSDT products, and I've been happy with them.

Ken.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 10:51:19 am »
Cloud9 KMCO is surely very good on fps.

Hnla

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 02:08:18 am »
Hi virtuali

Thanks for all the help. That Orlando airport scenery is very old and I guess it won't reflect the airport as it is today. I've never tried the Taxi2Gate airport sceneries but they released their Orlando in 2015, I think it was. But the problem with many of those high quality scenery airport products is that they have a bad habit of bogging down the frame rate to the order of 5 or 10 fps and everything is very jerky, and that irritates me. I've haven't had any issues with frame rates with the FSDT products, and I've been happy with them.

Ken.

I have the Taxi2Gate KMSO and it's very good. And good on the FPS. Def a worthy investment.

kmanning

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 03:42:15 am »
Cloud9 KMCO is surely very good on fps.

Thanks Virtuali,
That's good to hear.

kmanning

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 03:57:53 am »

I have the Taxi2Gate KMSO and it's very good. And good on the FPS. Def a worthy investment.

I've mentioned earlier that the KMCO Taxi2Gate was released in 2015 but it was actually 2014. Thanks for your input on that because I've been searching for a good quality KMCO addon. I read some of the issues that were reported but that was when the product was first released. One problem reported was that one person's simulator would CTD when about 15 miles from the airport, and the only way he could stop this problem was to un-install it. I assume all of the problems are fixed now, if they were caused by the product.

By the way, do they keep their product up-to-date as changes are made, or to reflect the changes made at KMCO? I hope so. I like for products to be updated to reflect the current changes Thanks for giving me your input on that KMCO. I'm definitely going to get it.

Ken.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 04:07:36 am by kmanning »

kmanning

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 04:20:34 am »
Hi,
Regarding the KMCO Taxi2Gate, I just wanted to let all know that it is a fairly good addon and the frame rates are good as well. But there is one problem I found to be disturbing and irritating. The bridges used as taxiways that cross over a highway are the most crappiest work I've seen in an airport scenery, especially on the north side at airsides 1 and 2. When you taxi over these bridges, they are not level with the rest of the taxiway. When Taxiing on taxiway J coming from runways 36/18 L and R, the first bridge you come to must be at least 20 or 30 feet above the taxiway, and you do not actually taxi over it. You taxi TROUGH it! I don't understand why the developers have not seen this and corrected it, unless they just don't care. Other than that, it's a fairly good addon. I just wish they would fix these bridges so that they are level with the taxiway.

Ken.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 04:40:18 am by kmanning »