Author Topic: Prepar 3D Has Stopped working  (Read 5471 times)

Planebuff

Prepar 3D Has Stopped working
« on: June 25, 2017, 01:18:53 am »
I have had a very annoying issue with all my FSDT Hawaii airport (Lihue, HIlo, Kona, Kahului, And Honolulu). When ever i try to start at one of them, at the "Loading air, land, and sea traffic..." part of the loading process, P3D turns white and freezes saying "Prepar 3D has stopped working." It started all the sudden and i have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Prepar 3D Has Stopped working
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 11:36:41 am »
Nothing in your report seems to indicate the scenery has anything to do with this, which explains why reinstalling doesn't fix it.

The most likely cause of a crash at that stage  ( the "Loading air, land, and sea traffic..." part of the loading process", as in your report ), is a missing/corrupted texture file for an AI airplane which, due to its schedule, appears only at the Hawaii airports, so you are easily mislead thinking it might be a scenery problem, because it happens there.

marknie

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 08:09:55 am »
These non compatible programs should not be sold falsely claiming they are compatible with P3d V4.  I might start a law suit, there is just too much of this non sense going on in the flight sim world.
Capn Mark Niebauer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 09:30:11 am »
These non compatible programs should not be sold falsely claiming they are compatible with P3d V4.  I might start a law suit, there is just too much of this non sense going on in the flight sim world.

You mean those addon AI that are what are causing your crash in the first place ? Yes, I agree, they shouldn't be used in P3D4 and yes, it's a known fact that AI originally made for FS9 WILL crash P3D4.

marknie

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 11:42:04 pm »
Already well known and addressed.
Capn Mark Niebauer