Author Topic: Changing the AFCAD  (Read 4178 times)

krsw757

Changing the AFCAD
« on: June 08, 2017, 03:16:15 pm »
Is there a way to tweak the AFCAD that comes with the scenery? I've tried tweaking a few things around like airline codes and runway usage, but every time I make a change and save it, it reverts back to the original in the actual game. I'm using the program AFX to make the changes. Love the scenery and am not complaining since I can live without my changes. Was just curious if it can be altered at all and if I'm doing it the wrong way. I appreciate the feedback in advance!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Changing the AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 03:30:41 pm »
Our AFCAD are 100% standard, and nothing in them prevents them to be edited. In fact, we designed the Live Update to specifically protect the AFCAD for being overwritten automatically, so you can edit (a backup will be made of your edits).

So, whatever problem you have editing the files, it's entirely related to the editor you use and what changes you made.

krouner

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 03:22:58 pm »
You stated "we designed the Live Update to specifically protect the AFCAD for being overwritten automatically" but every time live update is run all the AFCAD's I have customized are removed. Luckily I save a copy of all my custom AFCADs. Is there something I need to do to prevent the removal?

KRouner

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 03:26:47 pm »
every time live update is run all the AFCAD's I have customized are removed.

No, they aren't. They are copied in a backup folder which will be created in the scenery folder.

Luckily I save a copy of all my custom AFCADs

No need to do that, because the Live Update saved a backup copy for you.

Is there something I need to do to prevent the removal?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15922.msg114264.html#msg114264

krouner

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 03:32:52 pm »
Great! Many thanks!

KRouner