Author Topic: GSX window  (Read 3125 times)

jonathan_f

GSX window
« on: June 18, 2017, 11:04:17 am »
Hello,

I installed GSX for P3D v4. When I request the GSX menu using CTRL+F12 the (normally) small grey window that used to show in v3 appears in v4 but it fills the whole screen (instead of the smaller size it used to occupy). Clicking on the menu options (e.g. 4 - Gate) does nothing i.e. GSX doesn't go to the next screen.

I realised I can right click and undock to resize the window so it doesn't fill the whole screen, but upon restart of P3D v4 it reverts back to the bigger size.

Jonathan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX window
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 10:15:15 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX. The window you are referring to, is not the "GSX Window", it's the standard Simconnect menu which is shared between all application.

We don't have any control over it and it's position is controller entirely by the sim. It's known that, for some reason, after loading some airplanes, the Simconnect menu changes its size, so it must be resized manually.

jonathan_f

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 04:17:55 am »
That's as maybe but when I open the GSX window using CTRL+F12 and then click on any of the numbered options nothing happens. That's not correct behaviour as it always worked that way in P3Dv3 and FSX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 01:26:20 pm »
when I open the GSX window using CTRL+F12 and then click on any of the numbered options nothing happens. That's not correct behaviour as it always worked that way in P3Dv3 and FSX

It's surely works here with P3D V4 and nobody else has reported a problem with it.

But it's not very clear from your message, if the menu options are not clickable only the window got stretched full screen, or are not clickable even after your resize it to the normal size.

jonathan_f

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 07:50:07 am »
Hi Umberto,

The menu options are not clickable in either scenarios you mention.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 09:08:26 am »
The menu options are not clickable in either scenarios you mention.

I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce the problem and nobody reported it before. As I've said, the Simconnect menu handling is totally outside our control, this should probably happen with every other application that uses it. Do you have a non-FSDT airport that uses SODE, for example ? If you call SODE there using TAB-S key, it swill start a similar menu so, if that doesn't work too, it would be confirmed it wasn't a GSX problem.