Author Topic: Stutters every 3 seconds when panning around in KIAH (P3D V4) +RWY shimmering.  (Read 12409 times)

Piotr007

I resetted it all. Turned off HDR. Toned down graphics. Enormous FPS, but stutter. Horrendous stutters, it makes me cry.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 02:00:40 am by virtuali »

Piotr007

The worst thing is that I now get all the airport serials kicked out of this addon manager. All the airports are in trial mode again. What the hell is this .... with the addon manager. I go to sleep and think through at what mess I got into.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I am sorry. But your theory does not hold ground.

Obviously not. It only indicates you must have some kind or problem.

My scenery does not even load when I remove AffinityMask. And fps go from 30 to 15. Core 1 get's a constant 100% hit. Other cores work laze or not at all. Strange, I did not know this would be the outcome now.

I have 66.5 fps at KIAH rwy 33 without AffinityMask and 68.0 fps with AffinityMask = 84 so yes, a bit better and Core 2 is 100%, but not nearly the same difference as you. No stutters in either case.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I resetted it all. Turned off HDR. Toned down graphics. Enormous FPS, but stutter. Horrendous stutters, it makes me cry.

What do you mean with "resetted it all" ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The worst thing is that I now get all the airport serials kicked out of this addon manager. All the airports are in trial mode again. What the hell is this .... with the addon manager. I go to sleep and think through at what mess I got into.

It's not obviously possible the Addon Manager would "forget" the Serial Numbers. They are stored in the registry so, they will stay there until you reinstall Windows.

Unless you did something dangerous, like running a registry cleaner or something like that, which might be dangerous, since these utilities cannot possibly know for sure if a registry key is used or not, so they might remove something they shouldn't.

Piotr007

I tried many things. But I will make a clean reinstall of all of P3D V4 and ONLY the FSDT airports. Then I will report back. On the stutter subject. I might consider ORBX is involved.

As for the flickering issue at KIAH, I still have this issue all over the scenery. I make a youtube video and will post this as this is hard to capture on screenshot. Then things will get a bit more clear I suppose.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 02:33:04 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I make a youtube video and will post this as this is hard to capture on screenshot. Then things will get a bit more clear I suppose.

Try to reinstall everything first, and then report back.

Piotr007

I make a youtube video and will post this as this is hard to capture on screenshot. Then things will get a bit more clear I suppose.

Try to reinstall everything first, and then report back.

I can report now. I deleted affinitymask without any side effects to addon manager I experienced earlier. The stutters are gone!
My worry is huge FPS hog at KLAX and KJFK though. But that is tweakable in a different way.
The flickering at KIAH, remains however. I have to say you are right about runway flickering, that one is gone. But I see the terrain (grass mostly) flicker. It is like the autogen within the airport that has issues.

Around Houston I only have ORBX Global. And HD Trees from ORBX. Nothing else, so I am not sure if ORBX is causing issues with KIAH?

Piotr007

http://imgur.com/a/sxL4x

Here is an image of my KIAH. ORBX around it.\

If you look good you see white overlap between runways and taxiways. That white/foggy overlap is flickering. At night it gets dark.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 02:57:38 am by Piotr007 »

Piotr007

So I can confirm leaving out affinitymask helps. But KLAX and KJFK are having tremendous lagspikes, in contrary of other airports. Will there optimization possible for those two in future live updates?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 03:07:23 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I can report now. I deleted affinitymask without any side effects to addon manager I experienced earlier. The stutters are gone!

Of course they are. Windows does a good job of optimizing the core allocation, and it's different for every installation so, if someone said 84 was good for him, it doesn't automatically applies to everybody.

My worry is huge FPS hog at KLAX and KJFK though. But that is tweakable in a different way.

The flickering at KIAH, remains however. I have to say you are right about runway flickering, that one is gone. But I see the terrain (grass mostly) flicker. It is like the autogen within the airport that has issues.

I can only repeat and confirm the flickering is entirely gone now.

So I can confirm leaving out affinitymask helps. But KLAX and KJFK are having tremendous lagspikes, in contrary of other airports. Will there optimization possible for those two in future live updates?

The optimization that reduced stutters at KIAH wasn't related to KIAH in any way so, it's applied to all our sceneries. And of course, I cannot see any stuttering at KLAX or KJFK. But they live in a very dense area so, if your settings are too high, it's possible the rest of the scenery around causes an fps loss.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 03:11:30 pm by virtuali »