Author Topic: Runway Texture z-fighting  (Read 3921 times)

garrettprs

Runway Texture z-fighting
« on: June 14, 2017, 08:08:34 pm »
On approach to KIAH in P3Dv4 and the entire runway texture showed some z-fighting. The attached screenshots show, of course, still images whereas a video would illustrate the effect far better.

Any idea what the issue could be? Ordinarily I would suspect improper scenery layering but FSDT now uses the addon method to install the scenery so I'm not sure I can play around with order. It happened at all zoom levels (one picture shows a high zoom level which in and of itself can sometimes exacerbate z-fighting).

Lastly, it's only happening with runway textures. Not taxiways, tarmac, ground, etc.

Thanks!

p.s. Ever since installing KIAH and GSX into P3Dv4, I always get a BEX64 error (faulting module bglmanx64.dll_unloaded) error upon exiting P3D. I suppose it's kind of moot since who cares what happens when you exit the sim, just figured you should know.

garrettprs

Re: Runway Texture z-fighting
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 08:28:50 pm »
FWIW, just checked Vancouver (and other non-FSDT airports) and they're all fine. Seems like it's just KIAH as far as I can tell. Granted I haven't installed much into P3Dv4 at this point...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 10:45:16 am »
We'll check this.

Piotr007

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 06:46:58 pm »
Hi,

I also have strange runway issues + stuttering every 3 or 4 seconds.

http://imgur.com/a/W1EIX

somiller

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 03:25:39 am »
I get the exact same runway shimmering shown in the pics posted by garrettprs.

I don't know if I get the stuttering that piotr007 indicates, but the shimmering is annoying.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 10:14:01 am »
This thread is more than a month old, the flickering has been fixed in a later update, which can be obtained by running the FSDT LIe Update, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16003.msg114766.html#msg114766

I cannot see any flickering anymore.