Author Topic: Landing Lights **SOLVED**  (Read 4874 times)

glw03

Landing Lights **SOLVED**
« on: June 09, 2017, 10:08:17 pm »
When on the runway at night, there is a black shadow extending from the front of the aircraft before you can see the landing lights.  It seems the landing lights are not showing up. It is the same way on the tarmac also.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 11:35:46 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Landing Lights
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 12:08:32 am »
I guess you use a PMDG airplane, right ?

If yes, that's the problem: it's a trick used by that airplane, to achieve some sort of dynamic lights, before those were possible so, the airplane flies together with a big plane that contains pre-rendered lightmaps for the positional lights, because in simulators before P3D V4, those could not light the "real" ground.

With P3D4, they won't need such tricks anymore, which can easily cause conflicts with sceneries.

glw03

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 09:25:27 pm »
No, I am actually using the stock 737 that came with FSX.  But it doesn't seem to matter, whatever aircraft I use I have the problem.  And to add to it, as you progress down the runway the "shadow" will actually disappear, its almost like I'm running over the top of it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 11:44:59 pm »
Ok, I understand what you mean. We'll look into it.

747Drax

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 02:54:03 am »
I just wanted to say that I am experiencing the same problem with the landing light too and appreciate you looking into this...as it's the only drawback I experience for what is otherwise a terrific airport scenery to have.

In the past year or so I had experienced the same problem with a LatinVFR airport as well as an Orbx airport. Both landing light problems were corrected in time with future patches. Have no clue how it was fixed, but they did fix the problem.

Best,
Robert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 01:09:43 pm »
Try running the FSDT Live Update now, we made a few changes that should fix the problem.

747Drax

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 12:27:40 am »
Hello - the latest update did fix the landing light problem for me...Thanks!

glw03

Re: Landing Lights **SOLVED**
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 12:55:56 pm »
That worked for me.  Thanks!