Author Topic: P3d v4, ezca, ut live, fsdt kiah  (Read 3136 times)

lestercat

P3d v4, ezca, ut live, fsdt kiah
« on: June 12, 2017, 07:36:46 pm »
Just trying the new v4 and I get flickering at KIAH on external views but not from cockpit. I see other threads talking about clipmode in the cameras.cfg in P3d but I have yet to figure it out. Any thoughts?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3d v4, ezca, ut live, fsdt kiah
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 12:10:41 am »
Are you using non-standard camera views ?

lestercat

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 06:42:09 pm »
Although I myself am pretty non standard I'm not sure about the cameras. Just the one's the new EZCA imported from the original aircraft? Anyway, I did find cameras.cfg and set clipmode=normal in the camera definitions there and it helped all but the world view camera. I might just try to remove clipmode all together and see what happens. Awesome rendition of KIAH by the way!

Also I have always wanted to use GSX but never had enough luck with FPS. Now with GSX at KIAH or KFLL (both of which I just purchased for P3d v4) I am pushing 50+ fps with I5 6600k and GTX 1070. Full version of GSX is on my list once I get my NGX and Airbus back.

*still getting flicker with EZCA world cam though but no other external cameras flicker once clipmode is set to normal (or deleted)

example here...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 07:51:32 pm by lestercat »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 12:39:42 pm »
I'm not sure about the cameras. Just the one's the new EZCA imported from the original aircraft?

Yes, that's a non-standard camera.

*still getting flicker with EZCA world cam though but no other external cameras flicker once clipmode is set to normal (or deleted)

I'm afraid there's not much you can do. Each camera have different clip settings, because the video z-buffer simply don't have enough bits of precision to render correctly very far and very close objects at the same time. So, it might not be possible, with the FSX/P3D graphic engine as it is, to have a "universal" camera that would work everywhere, in every possible situation.