Author Topic: P3D Error encountered when Exiting  (Read 11563 times)

beechcaptain

Re: P3D Error encountered when Exiting
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 12:22:52 am »
After trial by elimination (disabling addons in exe.xml and dll.xml and then enabling one at a time) it turns out that the Addon Manager entry in the dll.xml which loads the bglmanx.dll is linked to the "P3d Error encountered when Exiting" issue.  When this entry is disabled, and I am at KCLT (whats left of it) I get no error upon exiting P3D.  As soon as I enable the Addon Manager entry and exit P3D while at KCLT, the error on exiting P3D occurs.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 01:00:53 am »
it turns out that the Addon Manager entry in the dll.xml which loads the bglmanx.dll is linked to the "P3d Error encountered when Exiting" issue.

Which confirms what I already said about you introducing the problem, when you edited the XML files, because the Addon Manager is NOT supposed to be there!

You said you use P3D 3.4 and, under 3.4, our installer DOES NOT place anything in the DLL/EXE.XML files anymore.

It ONLY uses the add-on.xml file to call the executables so, if you add the lines manually to it, maybe because you didn't know about the add-on.xml method, so you assumed the lines were "missing", you are causing the sim to load two copies of it, and this will surely cause a problem.

beechcaptain

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2017, 12:56:06 pm »
Once again, you are accusing me of doing something I did not do!  I have never said nor indicated I have ever edited the xml files.  The only files within P3D I have ever edited have been P3D.cfg and Scenery.cfg, and these were limited to minor tweak in P3D.cfg and turning off scenery in the Scenery.cfg.  

Also, if you recall, based on your recommendation, I upgraded my P3Dv3.3.5 to v3.4.  My P3D v3 install originated at v3, and has been upgraded from there.  

I have had the following FSDT products for P3D beginning in 2014 and as the newer have been introduced (GSX, KORD, KDFW, KJFK, KLAS, PHNL, KFLL, KLAX, KIAH, KMEM and latest KCLT.  Would any of these in the past have added the entry?  There is a back up copy from 2016 that is named dll_xml_Before_Addon_Manager.xml, there is also the exe_xml_Before_Addon_Manager.xml, so I am assuming at some point when I installed an FSDT product or the Stand Alone Manager it made these changes and most likely put the entry in the dll.xml file.

This is why I offered to send you the files to review to determine if there was an errant entry issue or something causing the problem.  Nevertheless, should I remove the Addon Manager entry from the dll.xml file and should the exact same entry go into the addon.xml?

Edited to add question.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 01:16:31 pm by beechcaptain »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2017, 01:06:34 pm »
I have never edited the xml files.  The only files within P3D I have ever edited have been P3D.cfg and Scenery.cfg. 

Then you must have installed something using an outdated installer AFTER you used a new installer.

I have had the following FSDT products for P3D beginning in 2014 (GSX, KORD, KDFW, KJFK, KLAS, PHNL, KFLL, KLAX, KIAH, KMEM and latest KCLT.  Would any of these in the past have added the entry?

Yes, the old installers did. But, as soon as you run a new installer, the new installer will migrate all the existing installed sceneries to their new installation folder and will *REMOVE* both their entires from the scenery.cfg AND will *REMOVE* the software from the DLL/EXE.XML file.

Of course, if you ran an old installer after running one of the new ones, it will place the lines back so, you must re-run any updated installer to redo the migration and clean up files.

It's best if you just get rid of any outdated installers you might still have.

beechcaptain

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2017, 01:36:15 pm »
The only installers I have run in past 6 months have been GSX, KMEM and KCLT and the Stand Alone Manager.

At this point, which installer should I run to resolve this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2017, 01:39:31 pm »
The only installers I have run in past 6 months have been GSX, KMEM and KCLT and the Stand Alone Manager.

It doesn't tell which version you used to install. If you installed either GSX or KMEM using outdated installers AFTER KCLT, this is what caused the problem, because the installation reverted to the old system.

At this point, which installer should I run to resolve this?

As I've said, any NEW installer will migrate all the other products installed with the old installer.

beechcaptain

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2017, 02:09:32 pm »
Ran the current GSX installer.  The dll.xml, exe.xml and add-on.xml files are all neat and properly arranged now, and no Addon Manager entry in the dll.xml any longer.

However, this did not resolve the error upon exiting P3Dv3.4.  If I am at KCLT and exit, the error still occurs.  What next to look at to troubleshoot?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2017, 02:30:53 pm »
However, this did not resolve the error upon exiting P3Dv3.4.  If I am at KCLT and exit, the error still occurs.  What next to look at to troubleshoot?

Have you checked both set of XML files, the ones under %APPDATA% and the ones under %PROGRAMDATA% ? Our installer surely cleans up both but, it might not succeed if there's an error in one of them.

beechcaptain

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2017, 07:03:14 pm »
I checked both set of XML files, the ones under %APPDATA% and the ones under %PROGRAMDATA%, they are nice, neat and clear of duplications.

I just finished a flight in PMDG B738 NGX from Flight Beam's KSFO to FSDT's KDFW, using Active Sky 2016, Pro-ATC/X and Ultimate Traffic 2 with Tooting's Super Duper UT2 AI updates, and had zero issues.  P3D exited normally without any errors.

Any ideas at this point?

Jetzuri

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2017, 09:47:38 pm »
Please allow me to add something about additions to the dll.xml: I've only installed P3Dv4 products following your quick release of said products. I remember seeing the bglman.dll in one of the files but it seems to have been removed by installing KMEM again. Please check your P3Dv4 installers for KCLT, KFLL, LSGG, LSZH and KLAS - one of those might be adding the dll.xml entry, I didn't add it!

I'm in the same boat now, still getting the crash on exit at KCLT and KMEM with clean exe.xml and dll.xml (in both locations).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 06:11:54 am by Jetzuri »
Regards,

Alan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2017, 09:30:00 am »
Please check your P3Dv4 installers for KCLT, KFLL, LSGG, LSZH and KLAS - one of those might be adding the dll.xml entry, I didn't add it!

The installers are all compiled automatically from the same source code so, it's impossible that one of them would have added the lines to the XML file and others didn't.

If you are sure you never added manually, then the only possible explanation is that, at some time, one your XML files was corrupted, so the installed failed to *remove* the existing line, because it won't touch a corrupted XML file.

beechcaptain

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2017, 08:08:39 pm »
I see that I am not alone in experiencing the error encountered when exiting P3D at KCLT and KMEM.  I hope you have not given up on us, Umberto.  We are patiently standing by.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2017, 12:58:58 pm »
I see that I am not alone in experiencing the error encountered when exiting P3D at KCLT and KMEM.  I hope you have not given up on us, Umberto.  We are patiently standing by.

That's just two users out thousands that bought these sceneries so, it's clearly some conflict with some other software installed that hasn't been identified yet. Until I could reproduce it, there's no way we can even start working on a fix, assuming a fix on our side is required or even possible.