Author Topic: P3D Error encountered when Exiting  (Read 11558 times)

beechcaptain

P3D Error encountered when Exiting
« on: June 11, 2017, 02:50:43 pm »
I get an Error Occurred message each time when I exit P3Dv3.3.5 (Windows 10 Home Ed. 64bit), when I am at either KCLT or KMEM.  I have run Live Update but still get the error.  I have the latest SODE v1.5.2, and it works well.  I also do not get the error when I exit from P3D while at ImagineSim KATL with SODE update, so I can confirm it is not a SODE issue, and Jeffrey (12bpilot) can not find any issues with my various SODE and P3D config, exe and dll files. 

I can still fly my flights with KCLT and KMEM active, I just have to live with the Error Encountered message upon exiting P3D.  I hope there is a solution to this, though. 

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D Error encountered when Exiting
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 02:52:10 pm »
I suggest to update to P3D 3.4 first.

beechcaptain

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 03:21:32 pm »
Why?  v3.3.5 has been extremely stable and I have not had a need to pursue v3.4 and deal with updating all my addons again.  Also, the listed requirements from the product page for KCLT are:  "FSX+SP2 minimum, FSX+Acceleration Pack, FSX:Steam Edition, or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D 1.4 or later, including V4".
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 03:27:14 pm by beechcaptain »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 03:25:40 pm »
Why?  v3.3.5 has been extremely stable

It doesn't seem so stable, according to your own report.

and I have not had a need to pursue v3.4 and deal with updating all my addons again.

Why you think you must update all your addons ? This must be some kind of urban legend, but it's entirely untrue. I did the update personally, on a user's system, and it was done exactly this way:

- Uninstall the Prepar3d client (ONLY)

- Download and install the latest 3.4 Client (ONLY)

Done. No addons ever needed to be updated, and the bugfix and crash fixes from 3.3 to 3.4 is very long. A 3.3 bug was quite bad, and resulted in fake exceptions in all Simconnect clients, and it was fixed only with the latest 3.4 Hotfix 3.

beechcaptain

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 03:35:14 pm »
I do not believe my P3Dv3.3.5 setup is unstable, and what I've indicated does not reflect it being unstable when everything runs fine except KMEM and KCLT.  However, we are entitled to our own opinions.

That being said, I will definitely try installing the client only for 3.4 as you suggest.  Thanks for that tip.

beechcaptain

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 05:46:38 pm »
I uninstalled P3Dv3.3.5 client and installed v3.4.  When I am at KCLT and exit P3D, this is the error message I receive, now:  

"Prepar3D exe has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Please close the program."

Again, it does not do this at KMEM or IS's KATL, for example.  I do get a message at KMEM that SODE has quit working when I exit the sim.

Any ideas as to finding these causes?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 06:11:40 pm by beechcaptain »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 10:32:32 am »
Again, it does not do this at KMEM or IS's KATL, for example.  I do get a message at KMEM that SODE has quit working when I exit the sim.

It seems something related to SODE. Are you using the latest 1.5.2 version ?

beechcaptain

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 01:38:15 pm »
Yes, v1.5.2.

Also, for the first time, I just encountered this with KMEM: 

"Prepar3D exe has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Please close the program."

Again, it is only upon exiting P3Dv3.4.  Everything functions fine during the pre flight, flight and post flight. 

I am in correspondence with Jeffrey (12bPilot) about possible SODE issue causing the error.  However, at this point, cause is uncertain. 

Virtuali, I can pm you my dll.xml, exe.xml, cfg files if you would like to review them.  Just let me know which files you would need.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 12:24:45 am »
Virtuali, I can pm you my dll.xml, exe.xml, cfg files if you would like to review them.  Just let me know which files you would need.

Under P3D 3.4 we don't use the DLL/EXE.XML files anymore. Maybe you *edited* them, because you assumed our lines were missing, so you are now loading the executable twice, since they are already loaded by the add-on.xml.

beechcaptain

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 07:28:59 pm »
Why do you assume I edited any files, when I did not mention this in any way, shape or form?  I have not touched any of the critical files in P3Dv3.4 since installing KCLT.

I am merely offering my pertinent files for your review so you can determine if there is an issue or not.  Nothing more, nothing less.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 10:23:56 pm »
Why do you assume I edited any files, when I did not mention this in any way, shape or form?  I have not touched any of the critical files in P3Dv3.4 since installing KCLT.

I haven't assumed anything: I said MAYBE, because you said yourself you wanted to have your xml files checked and, since we do not use them anymore (from 3.4 onward), they cannot possibly be related to the crash on exit so, either you edited them (which might explain the crash), or the crash is caused by something else.

beechcaptain

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 12:13:59 am »
re: MAYBE - fair enough, my misunderstanding. 

I also offered to provide my cfg files for review, in addition to the xml files.  All I was doing was offering everything file wise I could think of for you to be able to take a look to see if there was an issue.  I understand about the XML files, but I did also offer cfg files which are pertinent, aren't they?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2017, 12:32:25 am »
Try to disable every other 3rd party addon module from both the DLL.XML and the EXE.XML. Do it for BOTH set of files, the ones under %PROGRAMDATA% and the ones under %APPDATA%

To disable a module, set <Disabled>True</Disabled> on its section. Then, with all modules disabled, see if you still have the error on exit.

beechcaptain

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2017, 12:52:08 am »
Try to disable every other 3rd party addon module from both the DLL.XML and the EXE.XML. Do it for BOTH set of files, the ones under %PROGRAMDATA% and the ones under %APPDATA%

To disable a module, set <Disabled>True</Disabled> on its section. Then, with all modules disabled, see if you still have the error on exit.

Will do.  If the error on exit does not occur once the above has been completed, I assume I should then enable one at a time to see if I can isolate a specific entry/addon?

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 02:04:05 am »
I assume I should then enable one at a time to see if I can isolate a specific entry/addon?

That's exactly what we usually do, to troubleshoot something like this.