Author Topic: The Couatl Scipting Engine has Encountered an Unrecoverable Error  (Read 4030 times)

kmanning

I just reinstalled my GSX ground service for FSX and the JFK airport scenery. I first installed the GSX and everything was fine. Then I reinstalled the JFK airport scenery. When I launched FSX and placed my aircraft at JFK, I got this message:

The Couatl Scipting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted.
Please download and installed the latest stand alone Addon Manager from http://www.fsdreamteam.com/sa-addon-manager.

Do you want to open log to see error details?

What I want to know is that why did I get this error in the first place? And why is it unrecoverable? It's never done that before. I did not have any of these issues until I installed the new KCTL Charlotte airport, which caused all of the files that were originally installed in the sim to be moved over to the Program Files x86 Folder. I uninstalled all of these and reinstalled them so that they would be back where they were, and they indeed were installed in the sim as they were. The error message prompts me to download and install the Stand Alone Addon Manager. What does it mean when it's a stand alone, or what's the difference between the addon manager that comes with the each product and the stand alone addon manager? Is it placed on the desktop or something or runs outside the sim or the product? I'm just curious as to why it called a stand alone and why does it have to be a stand alone, and why can I just reinstall the addon manager that came with the product?

Ken.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The Couatl Scipting Engine has Encountered an Unrecoverable Error
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 03:14:44 pm »
Do you want to open log to see error details?

That's what you should have do, in order to give us the information needed to help you.

kmanning

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 03:46:55 am »
That's what you should have do, in order to give us the information needed to help you.

Hi virtuali

I did save the error details in a text file on my desktop, but I didn't know what it's purpose was for. Here's my log below - I think this is the correct one:

couatl v3.1 (build 3625)
panic log started on Sat Jun 10 17:02:03 2017

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'KJFK', 'User Pos': (40.628615934251336, -73.77062712408775, 5.13563 m, 1.13563 m, 240.04975847392504)}
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSXit_Xpoi_fr2'
{'Airport': 'KJFK', 'User Pos': (40.628615934251336, -73.77062712408775, 5.13563 m, 1.13563 m, 240.04975847392504)}

Hope that helps you out.

Ken.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 10:20:31 am »
You are using an outdated version. Uninstall everything from FSDT and download and install the new installers.

kmanning

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 10:23:23 pm »
You are using an outdated version. Uninstall everything from FSDT and download and install the new installers.

Hi virtuali ,
Thanks, I'll do that. But before I do, I wanted to ask this question to be sure I'm doing things correctly. When I have the Addon Manager opened in FSX, where you put in the serial number, I've noticed there's a button there that says "Reinstall." What is this button used for? Am I supposed to reinstall my programs using the addon manager or do I just simply install them by downloading from the fsdt website like I"ve been doing? Also, when you said to download and install the new installers, did you mean the version 2 of jfk or the one I have, which is version 1? I'm also curious as to why it didn't prompt me to download the update for my version during the installation? What I've been doing is saving my downloads, and when I get ready to reinstall, I run those saved downloads. So, I guess what I should do each time I re-install is to download from the fsdt website and reinstall that one. I always thought that when there's an update, the addon manager or the program will prompt me.

Ken.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 11:40:18 am »
The Reinstall is called that way, because users keep confusing reinstallation with reactivation, assuming they must reactivate each time they reinstalled, which is not the case.

You can uninstall/reinstall an unlimited amount of times. As long as you don't change hardware or reinstall Windows, you don't have to be concerned about anything related to reactivation.