Author Topic: Airport buildings not appearing  (Read 6263 times)

mush1960

Airport buildings not appearing
« on: June 10, 2017, 07:38:13 pm »
After a long time of non-use, I have reinstalled Geneva on my FSX:SE. I can get to the airport but, although the airbridges and ground marking appear, the buildings do not. The AddonManager reports the product is Active but not installed in the library. I have checked the library and all is correct. I have uninstalled Geneva and the Addon manager, downloaded the latest versions and reinstalled. The Couatl engine refuses to run, and produces the following error in the log: "couatl v3.2 (build 3827)
panic log started on Sat Jun 10 18:33:09 2017

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{}"

Still no buildings. Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airport buildings not appearing
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 12:14:14 am »
What other addons are you running ? Especially those that have modules in the Addon menu.

mush1960

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 09:00:52 am »
The only other items in the Add-ons menu are FSUIPC and SPAD.next. I started with the PMDG 737 but switched to the default 737 to see if that made any difference. I normally run AS2012 but I'm not n this occasion, just using FSX Real Weather. If I respond No to the request to restart Couatl, FSX runs very badly - keeps pausing every few seconds. No idea if this is related or not, but it has not done this before.

Edit: Since this first started happening, the Addon Manager message has changed. It is now saying the product is installed and active. Still not showing though. If I load FSX at a non-FSDT airport (Heathrow in this instance) Addon Manager and the two Couatl entries are all present in the Add-ons menu.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 09:28:37 am by mush1960 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 03:03:07 pm »
Could you please post your FSX.CFG file ? ZIP it and Attach it to a message, don't post it in a message.

Depending if you have installed FSX:SE stand-alone, the FSX.CFG might be located here:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG   ( stand-alone, no old FSX installed )

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX-SE\FSX_SE.CFG  ( alongside FSX )

mush1960

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 04:20:27 pm »
Here is the cfg as requested.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 10:54:02 am »
Are you sure your FSX:SE is configured to run side-by-side FSX ? The problem is caused because the line that adds our folder for simobjects as a SimObjectPaths line is missing, but it's supposed to be added by the installer.

However, a problem with your registry keys might prevent the installer to detect the dual install.

- Open the REGEDIT tool

- Check this folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition

- Check the value of the Co-Existence key. If you run FSX:SE with FSX still installed, it must be 1, otherwise, if it's 0, FSX:SE is running in stand-alone mode, so the FSX.CFG used will be the one in the FSX folder instead.