Author Topic: KCLT Black textures **SOLVED**  (Read 5675 times)

86swonavy

KCLT Black textures **SOLVED**
« on: June 09, 2017, 05:36:02 am »
Dear Forum,

Greetings, grace and peace be with you! I have successfully installed and registered KCLT scenery. My problem stems from KCLT loading with black ground textures, no buildings as per pictures attached. Thus far my troubleshooting attempts have resulted in no solution. Respectfully request technical assistance to resolve issue highlighted in attached pictures.

Self Troubleshooting attempts:
KCLT.EXE Installer was run as ADMIN
No other programs running while installation occurred
ANTI-Virus was turned off during download and installation
FSDT Live update completed approx 2325 Local Time 08 JUN 2017
KCLT uninstalled, Computer restarted, KCLT re-installed
KCLT download again KCLT.EXE(1), computer restarted. KCLT.EXE(1) installed, computer restarted. KCLT(1) successfully registered, computer restarted.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 05:49:46 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KCLT Black textures
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 09:25:33 am »
Do you have both the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus under the "Addons" menu ?

86swonavy

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 10:40:51 pm »
Affirmative, see attached pictures.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 12:00:01 am »
Then what you are seeing cannot be explained, other than a conflict with some other scenery, which nobody ever reported before. If you see both menus, it means everything is installed and running correctly.

86swonavy

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 02:03:55 am »
This afternoon I uninstalled all FSDT scenery on computer. Attempted to only install CLT scenery. Installation successful, COATL menu and ADDON menu available..Still having black textures.

If unable to further troubleshoot with technical assistance would you kindly point me towards the process for refund?

86swonavy

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 02:52:25 am »
UPDATE: Reinstalled scenery and noticed something interesting. When I restart COATL I get to see this flash momentarily, prior to KCLT returning to black textures.

Hnla

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 06:04:49 am »
Definitely a scenery conflict, possibly something with FTX or something. The black texture could be your memory being overloaded because it's trying to load multiple sceneries

86swonavy

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 02:45:30 pm »
UPDATE: This morning I uninstalled ALL FSDT Scenery, and GSX. I reinstalled only KCLT scenery and the results are shown in picture below. Please consider this issue resolved. Could someone with more technical expertise explain if this could have been caused by GSX? Please take notice I am not pointing any fingers at FSDT or GSX developers, simply fielding a question. If I was supposed to uninstall old GSX prior to installing new scenery I missed that instruction, and I apologize.

First picture is last night when I refreshed COAUTL, my screen flashed to show scenery, then went back to black textures. Second picture shows result as explained above this morning.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 02:58:09 pm »
GSX is required only to operate the jetways at KCLT, but the scenery would still show. I just tried uninstalling GSX and reinstalled KCLT, and it works normally.

I don't understand what might have caused the black textures, since surely all textures for KCLT are included in the installer, and they surely don't depend on GSX.

86swonavy

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 04:36:02 pm »
I figured it would be anecdotal trouble shooting. I can't conclude what was the root cause of black textures. To better assist FSDT tech assist team here is what I did this morning:

I uninstalled and deleted all folders from FSDT from FSX main folder C:/STEAM/COMMONAPPS/FSX
I deleted a folder COATUL that was in my main FSX-SE folder C:/STEAM/COMMONAPPS/FSX
I reinstalled KCLT only directing it to C:/STEAM/CONNONAPPS/FSX/FSDT/FADTADDON as it was initially directed to C:Program(86)/FSDT/FSDTADDON

Restarted computer, loaded up FSX-SE and to my surprise the scenery was fully functional.

I would like to thank FSDT Technical Assistance for their wonderful customer support. I realize they couldn't pin point the root cause, and that is ok. I appreciate their eagerness in assisting and their quick response!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 05:49:37 pm »
I reinstalled KCLT only directing it to C:/STEAM/CONNONAPPS/FSX/FSDT/FADTADDON as it was initially directed to C:Program(86)/FSDT/FSDTADDON

This was totally unnecessary. The installer is not trying to "guess" the FSX folder and, in fact, one of the main advantage of our new installer, which has been asked by users for years, was the ability to install everywhere they wanted, without being forced to install inside the sim.

Sure, it would work inside the sim too, as it always worked before, but you are not required to do that and, installing outside the sim it's now the best choice, especially under Steam, because you'll skip many problems caused by the Steam protections and the handling of what they call the "local game cache", which are all the files inside the sim.