Author Topic: KCLT trial install - now all FSDreamteam sceneries dissappeard **SOLVED**  (Read 3528 times)

PeterZ KCLE EDDN

Hello FSDreamteam,

I own quite a number of your add-ons and love them all. Today I wanted to try out KCLT to see if my aging system can run it well. After installing KCLT I ran the FSDT live update.

I'm running FSX SP2 on Win7 on a sim only PC. I checked scenery entries and they reflect the revised fsdreamteam/fsdreamteam path that the live update (I believe) did. I also re-installed the add-on manager but nothing changed, I see empty airports with AI loaded but not a single building, not even default buildings.

I'm at a loss and would appreciate any help, and please let me know if you need any additional information from me.

All the best,
Peter
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 05:45:11 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KCLT trial install - now all FSDreamteam sceneries dissappeard
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 12:16:16 am »
Do you have both the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus under the "Addons" menu ?

PeterZ KCLE EDDN

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 02:11:44 am »
Thank you for your help Umberto, I really appreciate it.

Besides the usual in the add-ons menu e.g. pmdg, fsuipc, I have:
Addon Manager
Couatl settings
Couatl live update

I opened the addon manager inside the sim and clicked on some of the airports I have like KMEM, KLAS, KLAX and the addon manager displayed the message "product installed and active". I'm at a loss, I tripple checked the path in my scenery.cfg and it corresponds with the directory structure of FSDreamteam installed products. I also verified that the new path in the exe.xml reflects the new path.

[edit] Umberto, I just realized when opening the addon manager inside the sim, the right side which has all the tweaking options is greyed out. I can read it, but I can't change any values?!

I attached both dll.xml and exe.xml, as well as my scenery.cfg just in case.

Cheers,
Pete
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 02:39:04 am by PeterZ KCLE EDDN »

IRBFDC

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 04:55:55 am »
I put check marks in all the little boxes in the right half of the addon manager. Restores the adjustment functions. Sincerely, Dave C. in West Virginia.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 01:40:50 pm »
opened the addon manager inside the sim and clicked on some of the airports I have like KMEM, KLAS, KLAX and the addon manager displayed the message "product installed and active".

If only KCLT is reported as not installed, it means the software is working correctly, and you simply have an outdated file, which should be fixed by running the FSDT Live Update from the desktop.

PeterZ KCLE EDDN

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 04:37:02 pm »
Hello Umberto - thanks for your continued help. I did another deep dive into where the FSDT live updater installed what, and it appears that all my FSDT products where installed in two different paths into two different FSDT folders inside FSX. I have no idea why that happened, but in my 25 years of simming I know it's user error if only one person is reporting a problem  ;)

The more I looked the more it became clear that my install must have just gone wrong, maybe I had a file open I wasn't supposed to have open during installation (I'm getting there age-wise ;-)

I uninstalled and reinstalled all FSDT products and all is good again. My apologies that I don't have a better explanation, but thank you again for your help Umberto.

All the best,
Peter