Author Topic: Kclt active but not installed scenery library **SOLVED**  (Read 7111 times)

shagens

Kclt active but not installed scenery library **SOLVED**
« on: June 09, 2017, 05:18:47 pm »
Hi,

For some reason I can't get KCLT as showing installed in addon manager fsx-se. Every other scenery works KLAX,KORD,KFLL,KIAH,KLAS,CYVR,KDFW. Not sure where to go from here?

Things tried:

Ran live update
installed standalone addon manager
disabled AV+firewall in services
checked reg entries
made sure compatibility mode not active
Reboot after install of scenery

Need a fix thanks,

Ryan M

« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 10:30:27 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Kclt active but not installed scenery library
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 05:23:38 pm »
You haven't run the Live Update. That's the only possible explanation. Or, if you ran it, your firewall/antivirus might prevent it from downloading updates.

shagens

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 05:36:54 pm »
Av and firewall was off during live update.  the Live update dowloaded other files for other scenery, I believe Klas. So it would seem to me it's working? I forgot to mention before that I also be  have GSX and, its working along with trial KMEM. Is something different with KCLT? Maybe some kind of coding has to be done at your end.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 05:55:52 pm »
I can repeat and confirm the only possible reason for this problem, assuming you have installed the scenery, is the Live Update couldn't download a file we updated recently, to fix this.

Try to remove this file:

Addon Manager\bglmanx_fsdt.dat

Then run the Live Update again.

shagens

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 06:10:45 pm »
I have 2 files, do I remove both?

bglmanx.dat

bglmanx_fsdt.dat

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 06:14:50 pm »
Only the one I said to remove:

Addon Manager\bglmanx_fsdt.dat

shagens

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 06:18:15 pm »
Now should I use the desktop FSDT live update or one of the two others in addon manager folder?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 06:46:30 pm »
The Desktop shortcut is the same as starting Couatl_updater.exe, which is the one you launch normally.

shagens

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 07:37:42 pm »
Well it's a no go.  AV and Firewall have been disabled so that is not the cause. It seems odd that every other fsdt scenery works, which is almost all of them available. It has to be a problem with Coualt or addon manager at your end.  If you created your scenery as bgl like every other product on the market, we wouldn't be having this discussion today.  If possible can you send me the updated Coualt and addon manager with updated files to see if it works.

Thanks,

shagens

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 08:59:03 pm »
I also forgot to mention that maybe if you created separate installers, one for fsx and one for p3d, might solve several issues. It seems to me that since P3DV4 there have been numerous problems regarding installs. Not knocking your work, just a suggestion.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 12:21:48 am »
I also forgot to mention that maybe if you created separate installers, one for fsx and one for p3d, might solve several issues. It seems to me that since P3DV4 there have been numerous problems regarding installs. Not knocking your work, just a suggestion.

The installers are not the problem and it won't be different at all, even if we had an useless separate installer for each sim. We didn't had any problems with the installers, only users that don't understand the new installation method (which is the one suggested by LM), and ASSUMED they had a problem, even if they didn't.

And some bugs in V4, like the one where a corrupted EXE.XML caused by a flawed beta UT2 installer, caused ALL the other executables (not just ours...) to stop being loaded.

Your problem, which right now only you are reporting it, clearly indicates the software is working, otherwise you wouldn't see all the other FSDT sceneries. Your problem is ONLY that you are still getting an outdated .dat file, while the correct one is online so, your issue doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the software modules, but it's ONLY a Live Update issue.

The Live Update obviously work but, in order to make it as fast and reliable as possible, we run over a CDN network on top of Amazon, with multiple servers spread around the word, so users won't get the same files at the same time, so I believe you might getting the wrong file.

To verify this theory, try these links:

http://update.fsdreamteam.com/setup/fsdtroot/bglmanx_fsdt.dat

http://update.fsdreamteam.com.s3.amazonaws.com/setup/fsdtroot/bglmanx_fsdt.dat

Try the first link, and put it in the Addon Manager root folder. If that doesn't work, try the 2nd link. They are supposed to be exactly the same file, and they ARE but, if the first doesn't work for you, and the 2nd does, it means the problem was the Cloudflare node closer to your location, which still hasn't got the latest file.

shagens

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2017, 02:31:15 pm »
Will try later when I get home and report back. Thanks for the links.

Ryan M

shagens

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 05:01:53 pm »
Must have been a cloud problem not getting the right file. Everything is running perfectly now. Thanks for all your help.

Ryan

finksther

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 11:37:38 pm »
Hi. i'm experiencing same issue worked in v3 but doesn't display in v4. tried both the links and same result. no scenery. anything else i could try?

finksther

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 12:18:53 am »
Disregard, uninstalled the scenery and add-on manager and did a reinstall of the scenery and everything works.