Author Topic: KCLT isnt there!  (Read 4383 times)

Avidean

KCLT isnt there!
« on: June 08, 2017, 12:51:13 pm »
After installing all on my FSDT airports on the default position on the OS They all worked fine except for having to fix some ORBX global files. It turned out that my OS was getting near full so I decided to uninstall all the FSDT airports and delete the Addon Manager from the OS drive and reinstall everything on another drive in a folder called D:/Addon Manager.
All went well with KLAX, CYVR, KJFK but when I installed KCLT and started the sim it just wasn't there. In the Addon Manger it says "Active But not in scenery library" but when I look in hte scenery library in the P3D V4 GUI its there with a check mark. It is also in the Addon Manager folder along side the others. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but its still not there. Don't know what else to do?

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/Avidean/FSDT%20KCLT%20missing.png
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 01:18:38 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KCLT isnt there!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 01:19:26 pm »
Try the FSDT Live Update: we had an update late yesterday.

Avidean

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 01:58:31 pm »
Tried it. No change.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 02:03:40 pm »
In the Addon Manger it says "Active But not in scenery library"

I'm sorry, but I can only confirm this problem is fixed with the current Live Update. Maybe the Live Update is not working for you. Maybe you have some kind of connection problem, such a firewall blocking it or something like that ?

Try this:

- Remove this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\UpdateCache

- Run the Live update again.

Avidean

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 12:50:17 am »
I've tried your suggestion above and it made no difference. I've also tried your suggestion in other threads by other users with the same problem in downloading the relevant update from here:http://update.fsdreamteam.com/setup/fsdtroot/bglmanx_fsdt.dat and overwriting the on the Addon Manager root. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling using live update with the ESET NOD 9 deactived all still the same. Finally I decided to completely uninstall all Addons. ORBX GLOBAL, LC, and all regions and A2A C172 and ASN for V4. That along with FSDT and Flightbeam airports are all the addons I had installed. I unistalled everything. I then uninstalled V4. I the deleted all the folder on the entire system associated with LM and all the addons and after that I cleaned the registry. So with everything FS removed I reinstalled V4 and only FSDT KCLT and Ran the live update. It is still the same! I again manually inserted the latest bglmanx_fsdt.dat from the download link and nothing has changed. still exactly like the picture in the first post. It is listed as no.1 in the scenery library and the addon manager says its not in the scenery library. A lot of effort for nothing. I've given up on this one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 12:56:18 am »
Nobody told you to uninstall the other addons, or to uninstall the sim so, you decided to waste all this time entirely on your own. At this time, the only possible way to understand what's wrong with your setup, is to have a Teamviewer session, so I can check your system directly.

PM-me to arrange this.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 12:57:50 am by virtuali »

Avidean

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 01:05:57 am »
I have a theory.

I have a dedicated drive for Prepar3D V4.
The root is D:\  not D:\Prepar3D V4  or any other name.

i.e. If I click on Computer I get a window with all the drives.
I then click on the drive that contains P3D4 exclusively.

Then I see Autogen, Ecosystem, Effects, Fonts, Gauges,  so on and so forth.

So they are all effectively;
D:\Autogen
D:\Ecosystem
D:\Effects
D:\Fonts
D:\Gauges

Is this possibly the cause of the problem?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 01:38:39 am by Avidean »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 10:30:06 am »
The root is D:\  not D:\Prepar3D V4  or any other name.

Installing any software in the root of a drive, it's always a bad idea, because the root has some special protection from the OS to prevent users from mistakenly destroying a whole drive, so installers will usually have problems setting the correct permissions, which are required for the software to work.

Older version of our installers explicitly prevented to install into the root of the drive and, since this is known to be a bad practice, by default it's disabled in the kit we use to create installers (Inno setup), but since some users complained about this, we removed this restriction.

I suggest to uninstall everything, and reinstall into D:\Prepar3d v4