Author Topic: New Update over rides old settings and all the AFCADs are wrong  (Read 3230 times)

jtbetteridge

Hi
I installed the new update and eventually overcame the SODE installation issues (thanks to reading your instructions for P3d which also worked for FSX Steam).

Now the AFCADs are wrong in GSX.  The ground handling equipment etc is all parked metres away from the gate, sometimes at the wrong angle.  It seems to be using an AFCAD from AI Traffic2016 instead of my installed airports (UK2000 EGLL and EGCC for example).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New Update over rides old settings and all the AFCADs are wrong
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 02:35:06 pm »
It seems to be using an AFCAD from AI Traffic2016 instead of my installed airports (UK2000 EGLL and EGCC for example).

That's because you must have placed the area with the Traffic2016 .BGLs on an higher layer than the airports in the Scenery Library. GSX respect the layer priority, of course, which is why airports must always be the topmost layer.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 03:44:24 pm »
No, I haven't.
I always place the two airports I'm flying to/from at the top of the scenery list and Traffic2016 is down near the bottom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 05:22:23 pm »
I always place the two airports I'm flying to/from at the top of the scenery list and Traffic2016 is down near the bottom

If you do that, you restart the sim, because GSX will only update its cache on restarting the sim.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 05:38:05 pm »
Sure.  I normally do exactly that.
I haven't moved Mytraffic from the bottom of the list though, and all was well until the recent update which I did as a fresh download

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 05:53:14 pm »
Try to select the option to restart Couatl with a cache rebuild, and see if GSX is using the AFCAD of the scenery. You can also just remove the AITraffic .BGL for that airport, to minimize the chance of conflicts.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 05:02:22 pm »
OK thanks.
How do I remove the AITraffic.bgl please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 05:35:08 pm »
How do I remove the AITraffic.bgl please?

By going into the folder where its own .BGL are, and remove the one which, judging from the filename, relates to any airport for why you have an add-on airport.